• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite hot sauce?

20 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I don’t use gloves when handling super hots.  I do use gloves when cutting them or blending a fermented batch.  For a while I only had my super hots growing behind a metal “cage” so my kids and dog wouldn’t accidentally get to them.  But then I got too many and now they’re everywhere.  Would you like a reaper plant?  They’re going to be making peppers within a month.  They’re just starting to flower.  My wife is asking me to get rid of excess pepper plants, of which I have many.

I’ll take one off your hands. I’m up in Orange this weekend. I’ll PM you. 

14 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’ll take one off your hands. I’m up in Orange this weekend. I’ll PM you. 

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Ok cool.  You’ll also be getting a peri peri and a banana pepper plant.  My wife thanks you.

If you guys meet up at Hollingshead I may crash your party. 

17 minutes ago, calscuf said:

This ain’t 2018.   Nobody eats “at” hollingshead anymore.

Sorry. If you guys order though Uber Eats, map out where we could all stand 6 feet away from each other in the parking lot, and bring hand sanitizer, I may crash your party. 

Make sure you have shoes on though. I may lose my appetite if I see those alien like feet. 

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

I don’t use gloves when handling super hots.  I do use gloves when cutting them or blending a fermented batch.  For a while I only had my super hots growing behind a metal “cage” so my kids and dog wouldn’t accidentally get to them.  But then I got too many and now they’re everywhere.  Would you like a reaper plant?  They’re going to be making peppers within a month.  They’re just starting to flower.  My wife is asking me to get rid of excess pepper plants, of which I have many.

I grew my first Habanero plant this year. I picked my first one yesterday. 

Ass in the Tub Hot Sauce, 5oz.: This pepper sauce is very hot! We're are just giving advance notice that it is going to burn on the way in and...well, you get the picture. It is a moving experience. Ass in the Tub Hot Sauce is the best seller of the Joe Chili head series of sauces.

Louisiana sauce is manufactured in Costa Rica.

Ingredients: Cayenne pepper, pepper, salt, and Oleoresin Cayenne. No vinegar.

I see it has no vinegar. But what is Oleoresin Cayenne?

Looked it up.

The active ingredient in pepper spray is oleoresin capsicum (OC), an acrid irritant chemical derived from cayenne pepper plants.

20 minutes ago, Redondo said:

The active ingredient in pepper spray is oleoresin capsicum (OC), an acrid irritant chemical derived from cayenne pepper plants.

I never knew that pepper spray was derived from actual peppers. That’s awesome. 

29 minutes ago, calscuf said:

It’s just concentrated capsaicin.   It’s a good general rule that if a sauce contains concentrated capsaicin it’s not a real sauce for eating, it’s just a gimmick sauce.  Like “Da Bomb” that @Brandon mentioned earlier.  It is inedibly hot and tastes like chemicals.

Thanks for the explanation.

So using it for pepper spray is because it is concentrated and not so good for eating.

I went with some friends to Mulege, Mexico in 1974 and ate some hot sauce from a restaurant.

We could only put 2 drops on the taco or you couldn't eat it. After a week we got up to 4 drops.

Guy had a flat wooden spatula to drip it on.

The thing is that it wasn't just hot, it had good flavor. Best really hot sauce I've ever had.

The guy that owned was a retired flight controller from the TJ airport and did the restaurant to relax.

Mulege was a small fishing village back then. Not sure how big it is now.

Hot with no flavor does me no good.

Mulege-Baja-Peninsula.png?ssl=1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:21 PM, calscuf said:

I’m a huge hot sauce fan.  I probably have 30+ bottles in the fridge ranging from hot to insane.  I also grow my own peppers ranging from mild banana peppers and bell peppers to Carolina Reapers.  I’ve been making fermented hot sauces from my (and store bought) peppers.  Still working on perfecting the process though.

Anyways, my favorites right now are a smoked habanero I bought in Oregon in June and the “Tabasco” sauce made by Lizano (a Costa Rican brand).  It’s not like our Tabasco sauce, though it is made with Tabasco peppers.  It’s hot and delicious.

You guys should s check out Hot Ones on YouTube.  It’s entertaining.

My buddy likes his sauce, the hotter the better.  He belongs to some club, where the stuff they make is just insane.  I think he called one a tincture, which is like a vial of pure hell.  One drop of that stuff, and I'd be in a ball crying.  

In his early days, (I can't seem to find it anymore) but there was a 10x spicy ramen noodle that was just brutal.  

As for myself.  Since I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to hot sauce.  they don't make it anymore, but I liked a Jim Beam hot sauce.  I had it to specifically dip tri tip in.  Was so good, now I can't find it anywhere.

There is also an Equadorian chicken place near me.  Pollo A La Brasa on Western and 8th.  They make this basil (I think it is) hot sauce that is just amazing and hot.