• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best Pizza in OC?

4 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Out of both lists this is the only one I have eaten at.

22. Rance’s Chicago Pizza
• Allow 40 minutes for your stuffed pizza order at Rance’s. The standout Best Seller is made with herbalicious secret spices. The pizza also is unusually topped. On the bottom dough are the fresh spinach and mushrooms and double the cheese, followed by a second, thin layer of dough. On top of it all is a flavorful chunky tomato sauce. The thick rim’s interior is like a flaky pastry, and its exterior is a uniformly beauteous golden hue. Fork and knife required. 1420 Baker St., Costa Mesa, 714‑708‑2143, rancespizza.com

I've always wanted to try it, but Chicago style is always sold to me as basically bread with some toppings.

One I see as a constant on these lists that I have had is Angelina's next to The Spectrum.

I'm very curious what everyone likes or offers up.

One I saw on a list but wouldn't be famous and by all means I wouldn't go out of my way for is this hole in the place in Tustin on Redhill. I think it's called Tustin Pizza Shack. Good pizza spot that isn't a chain or is terrible.

9 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Our go to is Sgt. Pepperoni's which is 28th on the orange coast list and I'm getting it later this week. 

I think this is one I have heard a bunch but have yet to try. This one stood out to me when I kept looking at lists. Probably will try it this week or the next. Heard good things about it.

I never really caught on to the 1000 degree or wood fired burnt crust pizza scene. Pizza always has been to me a group share meal and the more upscale the pizza, the fewer sharing the same thing and more wierd toppings that would be better served on a side salad.

So I will knuckle drag to a lesser pizza joint for something that you don't feel obligated to order a matching wine. Keep it simple, no cake sized dough, no cracker crusts, skip the goat cheese and arugula. If it shows up burnt send it back, they screwed up.

A couple higher quality meat toppings, maybe some mushrooms and definitely red sauce and mozzarella as the base cheese with some other sprinkled in for flavor. You should not feel like you ate a loaf of bread or not want to dip the crust in some leftover Italian salad dressing. 

A family pizza out our way, that currently is only doing take out, is Warehouse Pizza in old town LaVerne. This is definitely many steps up from the post little league game pizza hangout but so very casual. Its best right out of the oven but even reheated in an oven the next day is still good. People who reheat pizza in a microwave bought shitty pizza in the first place and deserve a second helping of worse. 

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Good stuff. They turned me on to cauliflower crust.

I resisted cauliflower crust for a long time. I tried it at Pieology, eventually. It's actually really good. It's nice and crunchy and there's a lot of Parmesan in there. A Neapolitan style pizza is still my favorite, but sometimes I like to get something different like that.

3 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I resisted cauliflower crust for a long time. I tried it at Pieology, eventually. It's actually really good. It's nice and crunchy and there's a lot of Parmesan in there. A Neapolitan style pizza is still my favorite, but sometimes I like to get something different like that.

I think it’s the best way to eat pizza now. It’s like you just converted the bread into vegetable!

Hole in the wall: Haus of pizza in Costa Mesa. Or Valuetina's in Westminster.

Chain: Round Table

post little-league: Lamp Post or First Class Pizza in Fountain Valley

the "build your own" type of joint: The Pizza Press

Chicago style or the snobby Newport Beach blonde haired chick style healthy bullshit is not pizza and will never qualify as pizza.

They opened a Pizza Press in walking distance to me. For a chain, I think it's super solid. It's also thinner, so I don't feel like ate bread. Plus, the owner is super cool and pours the beers and has good recommendations. 

One of those places, where you stop in every now and then to support the owner and his business.