• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best Pizza in OC?

3 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Dan and Lizzy Barro (Dan founded Lamppost) were my parent's next door neighbor for decades. I ate a LOT of Lamppost pizza..

The one in MV is long gone now. It's been about 18 different pizza places since then. I know they still have a location in Lake Forest and Irvine.

7 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Yeah, agreed. Wise Guys is one of my favorite restaurants. Their sandwiches and pasta are good too. One of the hardest things about COVID has been the inability to go to Wise Guys for a pitcher and a pizza. 

Do they not have patio seating or able to create that in the parking lot? Most places are building their own patios. I think CA is also kicking in $2k to business owners to help renovate patio areas.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Do they not have patio seating or able to create that in the parking lot? Most places are building their own patios. I think CA is also kicking in $2k to business owners to help renovate patio areas.

Actually they do have a few tables on the sidewalk outside the restaurant. Not that many, but a few. 

Has anyone eaten at Munchies Pizza in H.B.? Is it any good? When I was a kid, there was a Munchies right next to my house in Fountain Valley. Eventually I think they changed the name to Minichiello’s, after the owner’s last name (though still the same company). I think they shut down in the mid 90s.

The HB location appears related. I am guessing the FV location was a second location that just didn’t stick. Anyway, I remember the pizza being excellent, especially the sauce. I was surprised to just learn that that there is still a location in existence in HB. 

12 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I guess that is good news/bad news. The owner is a good dude and total beer geek. 

Very good guy and the beer at FCP Woodbury is great. I used to live down the street. I didn't love the pizza, but it got better over the years. He would post pictures of himself learning new techniques at pizza conventions a lot. Definitely worked at his craft.

4 hours ago, eaterfan said:

Very good guy and the beer at FCP Woodbury is great. I used to live down the street. I didn't love the pizza, but it got better over the years. He would post pictures of himself learning new techniques at pizza conventions a lot. Definitely worked at his craft.

I've actually never had their pizza. I always just go for the beer. I have taken home sandwiches or their wings a few times though. 

He's driven down to San Diego to grab kegs that don't distribute here and he has reasonable prices which is tough to find in this area. 

16 hours ago, wopphil said:

Has anyone eaten at Munchies Pizza in H.B.? Is it any good? When I was a kid, there was a Munchies right next to my house in Fountain Valley. Eventually I think they changed the name to Minichiello’s, after the owner’s last name (though still the same company). I think they shut down in the mid 90s.

The HB location appears related. I am guessing the FV location was a second location that just didn’t stick. Anyway, I remember the pizza being excellent, especially the sauce. I was surprised to just learn that that there is still a location in existence in HB. 

I used to live a few streets over from the HB location and the first time I tried their pizza it was terrible.  I tried it again years later because after drinking a lot of alcohol a friend who worked there hooked us up.  It was better than I remembered but I was also intoxicated so take it for what it's worth.  It's been there for quite a while though so they must be doing something right.