• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Mookie Betts 13 years, 380+ million dollars with the Dodgers

Chuck

As @Angel Oracle pointed out, his career OPS+ is 134.  Solid, but not historic.  He also played in a hitters park that's right handed hitter friendly.  His home OPS .930, his road OPS is .858.  He's the best defensive RFer of course, but I'm very surprised that the Dodgers would do this without seeing him play at Dodger Stadium.  Betts will be solid putting 6 WAR seasons but I'm just very surprised the Dodgers of all teams would sign him to a crazy long deal like this.  However, I like the Betts deal more than the deal Harper got.  Betts is very consistent and very well rounded, Harper not so much. 

If i were them, i'd like to see what he looks like outside of Fenway, in the NL, etc.  before giving him a Trout-like contract.  Of course, CV happened and now they need to act before he's a FA.  They have the money to burn.  They also have the future payroll flexibility too with all the young studs on cheap contracts (& more coming).  

Still a few years away, but dang those contracts to Bellinger / Buelher (health permitted) are going to be HUGE.

23 minutes ago, Orange Lives Matter said:

But how much of his stats are inflated by park factors. Fenway great hitters park

Think about it this way what would Trouts stats be in those conditions?

I’m not positive but I think WAR takes ballpark into account. 

32 minutes ago, Orange Lives Matter said:

But how much of his stats are inflated by park factors. Fenway great hitters park

Think about it this way what would Trouts stats be in those conditions?

Yep. A full 2021 season will really tell us who Mookie Betts is. 

He's a good player, but is a future hall of famer like Trout is? Time will tell.