• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let Jo Adell play

This is basically a meaningless season, so let Jo Adell play. It would be a lost season for him if he just sits. Let him get the experience that will help him down the road. He might be best option for RF anyways. Same for Matt Thaiss just sit Albert as he is not the future. If you are not going to resign Simmons play Fletcher and Rengifo at SS.

Just now, Angels 1961 said:

This is basically a meaningless season, so let Jo Adell play. It would be a lost season for him if he just sits. Let him get the experience that will help him down the road. He might be best option for RF anyways. Same for Matt Thaiss just sit Albert as he is not the future. If you are not going to resign Simmons play Fletcher and Rengifo at SS.

Yes -- waste a year of service time on a meaningless season....   or you know, wait a couple weeks and retain his rights for another full season.   

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Disagree, the 2020 WS Championship will be twice as meaningful as the 2017 Championship. 

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Animated GIF

43 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Per Fletch, that’s probably not relevant with the CBA change post-21.

Nobody has any clue what will happen.  Yes, it's one of the topics the players want to talk about after the Kris Bryant situation but nobody has any real knowledge what will happen.

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Maddon said LaStella will get some reps at 1st base.

anyone who thinks lastella is going to replicate the first of last year is nuts. he caught lightning in a bottle.

(and I get that you're not saying that, strad).

Btw...  All this talk seems premature.   

Dude went 7-25 with 13 Ks .vs the usual cupcake pitching they see in early ST this year.  This after putting up a .676 OPS in SLC last year (striking out more than 30% of the time).  Yes, he's mega talented but he didn't look like anyone about to break camp with a MLB team.

This is his age 21 season, he's way ahead of the game development wise but again, not ready.  In a perfect world the virus finally begins to relent and there's an AFL type situation where guys like Adell get actual development time vs more than the same 7 pitchers.   It sucks, I genuinely think this is a bit of a lost season for hitters, you don't get as much out of facing the same guys over and over again.

Anyway, I doubt the Angels would play any service time manipulation games, they didn't with Ohtani... But pretty much everything they have said to date is that Adell still has things to work on.  If there's an argument to be made for bringing him up, great.... but there are enough performance based facts to question whether it's the best decision.

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

So he joins the club on July 27th, after the first 6 games.

Meh, that would reflect poorly on them (in my eyes).

I get that it's business smart and all that but I want them to make baseball decisions first and foremost.  I'm a fan of roster manipulations when they are made for competitive reasons such as Frankie in 2002 and the Dodgers' rotation/DL usage in 2018/19...

When I said two weeks in my initial post I was aware of the 6 days but genuinely believe they will keep him down longer than that simply because he still has things to work on.  I've been a Jo Adell guy since before he was drafted, I compared him to Trout at one point not as a player but as a guy who's upbringing and personality set him apart from the average player.  Both guys have really good relationships with their parents, both see the bigger picture, but he didn't look ready.  Marsh actually looked to be further ahead than Adell in the AFL last year despite being the lesser talent and having only made it to AA -- again, IMO.

When push comes to shove I just hope they call him up when they believe he's up to the task..  If that's on day 1 of the season, fine.

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Meh, that would reflect poorly on them (in my eyes).

I get that it's business smart and all that but I want them to make baseball decisions first and foremost.  I'm a fan of roster manipulations when they are made for competitive reasons such as Frankie in 2002 and the Dodgers' rotation/DL usage in 2018/19...

When I said two weeks in my initial post I was aware of the 6 days but genuinely believe they will keep him down longer than that simply because he still has things to work on.  I've been a Jo Adell guy since before he was drafted, I compared him to Trout at one point not as a player but as a guy who's upbringing and personality set him apart from the average player.  Both guys have really good relationships with their parents, both see the bigger picture, but he didn't look ready.  Marsh actually looked to be further ahead than Adell in the AFL last year despite being the lesser talent and having only made it to AA -- again, IMO.

When push comes to shove I just hope they call him up when they believe he's up to the task..  If that's on day 1 of the season, fine.

How does he work on things?  Thete is no minor league season.  Does intrasquad workouts really improve gone development

Just now, stormngt said:

How does he work on things?  Thete is no minor league season.  Does intrasquad workouts really improve gone development

I guess that's why I also said this....

9 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

In a perfect world the virus finally begins to relent and there's an AFL type situation where guys like Adell get actual development time vs more than the same 7 pitchers.   It sucks, I genuinely think this is a bit of a lost season for hitters, you don't get as much out of facing the same guys over and over again.

This is the first season since MiLB was founded that there is nowhere for these guys to play.   There is no road map in place -- your guess is as good as mine.  But you'd think the team would want to tread carefully with the best prospect in the system since Mike Trout and before that, Troy Glaus.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I guess that's why I also said this....

This is the first season since MiLB was founded that there is nowhere for these guys to play.   There is no road map in place -- your guess is as good as mine.  But you'd think the team would want to tread carefully with the best prospect in the system since Mike Trout and before that, Troy Glaus.

In my opinion it is better to have Adell up where they are actually playing than skipping the summer and hoping the Arizona Fall League happens.