• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Corona Virus Poll, Week 14

Corona Virus Poll, Week 14  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gone out to a restaurant yet?

2. 2. How many games will MLB agree to play this year?

3. 3. Have you joined any of these protests?

4. 4. How are you feeling week 14 of the pandemic?

5. 5. Who do you side with in the MLB negotiations?

21 hours ago, Fish Oil said:

Had a great breakfast in a restaurant in Bridgeport last week.
And by saying that I joined a protest is to say that I honked my horn while driving past.

if honking your horn passes as participating in a protest, then I've been protesting since 1976.

my voice will not be silenced.

23 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I think the plan was always shut down, open up, shut down, open up until there's a vaccine. Expect another shutdown in the fall, if not sooner.

But if cases are going down, it does seem really stupid to re-open right now. Might as well give it another month and see how much more it goes down. It would actually make more sense to re-open if cases were holding firm.

It's also funny seeing people that still think wearing a mask is about protecting oneself. Not many of us are worried about own health; we just don't want to be murderers. Not wearing a mask is like going to an orgy when you have AIDS.

And yeah, restaurants and haircuts are really stupid.

Um what? You think the plan is to open and close the economy multiple times? Zero chance that’s happening. 

52 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

That's what I saw predicted in the very beginning and it seems on track so far. Maybe if we had spent the last 3 months setting up a plan for testing, etc., but the plan seems to be just hope it goes away for no reason. Maybe that happens, but nobody knows.

If we get back to exponential growth, you think we just go Dolph Lundgren and let ourselves get 1918'd? 

Ya we haven’t set up testing haha ok. But ya no. Nothing’s getting re shut down. They just had thousands and thousands protest on the street with out a peep from the cdc who or local governments. The cities. Counties and states are re opening. If you don’t wanna go out and participate be my guest. But Arizona is fully open. California won’t be far behind. Gyms and church’s etc will be open in the next week or two. 

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

That's what I saw predicted in the very beginning and it seems on track so far. Maybe if we had spent the last 3 months setting up a plan for testing, etc., but the plan seems to be just hope it goes away for no reason. Maybe that happens, but nobody knows.

sounds like you may have slept through the whole chloroquine & z-pack stuff.

and there are also multiple drive-up testing places throughout SoCal. Or you can go to the website emphasized by mayor garcetti on his nightly presser to find out where you can get tested. not sure why you missed this.

24 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

It's not even close to where it should be. I looked into getting tested in SoCal last week and it was still basically "only do it if you're dying."

You are making shit up. I was tested a week ago Friday because I was running a fever. Walked into Urgent Care at my medical office and within 20 minutes was tested. If you have zero symptoms you have zero reason to be tested. 

26 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

It's not even close to where it should be. I looked into getting tested in SoCal last week and it was still basically "only do it if you're dying."

maybe it might depend on where you live or what symptoms you're presenting, but that's still different than "Maybe if we had spent the last 3 months setting up a plan for testing". 

I never said they would cancel the re-opening.

Why would they not shut down if it gets worse in the fall than it was when they first shut down? They just decide that haircuts are more important than a couple million lives?

Those numbers were way off. Don’t believe everything you read. The death rate is under half a percent. We are gonna be fine. Be safe be healthy. But it’s really not the end of the world like we thought months ago. Also this shit isn’t coming back worse than it was. And no ones shutting down again. Be happy. Economy is opening up. 

All the places near me (not Orange County) are "limited to certain patient". I'm super low risk, have mild symptoms that I'm 99% sure are something random.

But even people without symptoms need to get tested if you want to stop this thing. And not just athletes and politicians.

Testing someone without symptoms is a waste of manpower. Unless you have a chain of direct contact you are wasting everyone's time getting tested. 

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Testing someone without symptoms is a waste of manpower. Unless you have a chain of direct contact you are wasting everyone's time getting tested. 

You don’t want asymptomatic people getting tested and potentially unknowingly spreading it to old people who are the real susceptible ones?

On 6/5/2020 at 10:15 AM, Angel Oracle said:

It's no surprise that so far the owners are taking the brunt of the frustration over negotiations, given that they backed off on the March agreement. 

You don't cut a deal, then decide to renegotiate because you didn't give yourself enough. There is a CBA coming up, and if I were an owner, I would be treading carefully right now.

Honestly, I think I’m a lot more concerned about the effect/impact of the protests, what reforms are being called for, and how people across the country are reacting. There’s an incredible amount of anger and frustration out there, like nothing I can remember. Right now, I’m not concerned about the virus.

16 hours ago, m0nkey said:

You don’t want asymptomatic people getting tested and potentially unknowingly spreading it to old people who are the real susceptible ones?

Using your thought process everyone in America should get tested for Aids. Wasting a test for a communicable disease when you have no cause for it is wasting lab techs time. 

14 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Isn't the plan for sports leagues to test everybody frequently? And didn't Korea start testing everybody from the beginning? I'm actually asking, as I don't know 100%.

But the goal should be to get to the level of sports and Korea. We're not there at all, which is why it's a waste of manpower right now. And why we basically have to assume we have it and stay home.

You are taking about a completely different situation where athletes will be sharing common areas and be in close contact with a lot of people outside of immediate family while not using any ppe. 

2 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Well if you stay quarantined, then you don't need to get tested. But if you want to go out, like the athletes, then you should be tested regularly. 

I'd like to go out at some point, but can't justify it while testing is as limited as it is. I know a lot of the at-risk people are ironically the ones that don't care; but there are still people that don't want to die, and I don't want to kill them.

Why can’t you go out? If you have no symptoms why would u not be able to go out? 

The mortality rate curve has not just flattened, it starting going down significantly a month ago.

From a high of 2000 nat’l deaths a day on average from early April through early May, to an average of about 750 nat’l deaths per day over the past 10 days

Edited by Angel Oracle

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Using your thought process everyone in America should get tested for Aids. Wasting a test for a communicable disease when you have no cause for it is wasting lab techs time. 

You are taking about a completely different situation where athletes will be sharing common areas and be in close contact with a lot of people outside of immediate family while not using any ppe. 

Using your logic then you would tell all those young genius protestors to not get tested unless they have symptoms even though they were in tight areas with thousands of people. 

I’m no scientist and don’t know what the answer is. 

I feel pretty damn good now. I call my massage place every day to see when they're going to open. My back is jacked. We've not eaten in a restaurant yet but might soon. Work is insane for me. Starting to have friends over on weekends to hang out. Playing golf more regularly.

25 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

This part's interesting to me. Has anything changed that it makes sense to see friends and have parties again? Is the idea that it's okay to get sick now because the hospitals have capacity?

Otherwise, I'd think the people partying now should have been partying the whole time. And the people staying home should continue to do so.

I already have aids so covid ain't no thing

50 minutes ago, Adam said:

I feel pretty damn good now. I call my massage place every day to see when they're going to open. My back is jacked. We've not eaten in a restaurant yet but might soon. Work is insane for me. Starting to have friends over on weekends to hang out. Playing golf more regularly.

Be honest, they're Michelle's friends, right? 

33 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

This part's interesting to me. Has anything changed that it makes sense to see friends and have parties again? Is the idea that it's okay to get sick now because the hospitals have capacity?

Otherwise, I'd think the people partying now should have been partying the whole time. And the people staying home should continue to do so.

Honestly, while not an epidemiologist per se, my wife and I began to feel super comfortable spending time with asymptomatic friends and their children around May 1. Based on the infection rate and death data. We hang out outside. Play baseball at the park. BBQ. Swim.