• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 49.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Blarg

32 minutes ago, sht1ckboy said:

No, most likely McConnell will be able to whip up the votes against hearing witnesses. 

It would be awesome if the Dems get enough votes to hear witnesses.  And Warren, Sanders, and Klobuchar are stuck in the senate leading up to and during Super Tuesday.  Russians have nothing on the Dems affecting an election.

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

It would be awesome if the Dems get enough votes to hear witnesses.  And Warren, Sanders, and Klobuchar are stuck in the senate leading up to and during Super Tuesday.  Russians have nothing on the Dems affecting an election.

It’s odd that you think this matters at all. 

Just now, fan_since79 said:

It would be awesome if they got Biden and his son Hunter up there, exposed all their corruption, and destroyed Biden's candidacy. 

But Hunter would probably plead the 5th.

It’s awesome that you’re like this while simultaneously being a big supporter of Donald Trump.  Possibly the most corrupt politician in American history.  

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s awesome that you’re like this while simultaneously being a big supporter of Donald Trump.  Possibly the most corrupt politician in American history.  

You're making an assumption that I'm a "big supporter" of Trump. I voted for him as the lesser of two evils and the feeling that he might actually do something about all the corruption. I may vote for a more conservative candidate in November.

American Independent Party, Constitution Party, etc are more akin to my beliefs.

That's where Republicans have been for a while. Here's the pattern:

1. Trump did not engage in quid pro quo.
2. OK, I guess Trump did engage in quid pro quo, but it wasn't illegal.
3. OK, maybe it was technically illegal, but it's not impeachable.
4. OK, maybe it did violate the Constitution, but he was just doing it to investigate Joe Biden's corruption!

Just now, Taylor said:

That's where Republicans have been for a while. Here's the pattern:

1. Trump did not engage in quid pro quo.
2. OK, I guess Trump did engage in quid pro quo, but it wasn't illegal.
3. OK, maybe it was technically illegal, but it's not impeachable.
4. OK, maybe it did violate the Constitution, but he was just doing it to investigate Joe Biden's corruption!

Oh I know, it’s just this is very plain and in impossible to argue example.  

4 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Lol this is where the republicans are now. 

The best thing about the impeachment is that once and for all the fucking dipshit centrists shouldn’t be able to pretend that we have a functioning system to try and work within. 

His lawyers argued today, that Trump is allowed to make decisions based on national security of the country, and if he feels that himself getting reelected is what is best for national security, it is ok to do a quid pro quo with foreign nations.

Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz, a member of President Trump’s legal team, offered a new defense of the President’s actions with Ukraine, while answering senators’ questions.

In a nutshell, Dershowitz argued that a US president is allowed to orchestrate a quid pro quo with a foreign leader to benefit their own re-election campaign, if they also believe that their re-election is in the national interests of the United States. 

Dershowitz said: “Every public official that I know believes that his election is in the public interest. And mostly you’re right — your election is in the public interest. And if a president did something that he believes will help him get elected, in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment.”

7 minutes ago, sht1ckboy said:

His lawyers argued today, that Trump is allowed to make decisions based on national security of the country, and if he feels that himself getting reelected is what is best for national security, it is ok to do a quid pro quo with foreign nations.

That pretty much sums it up.  Russia, if you are listening get Biden's e-mails.