• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops Being Thugs

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Here is the reason why cops don’t want suspects they are trying to detain to reach into their vehicles 

I understand there is a clear risk when a suspect reaches into their car. That doesn't mean the officer has to use deadly force, especially when the suspect's back is turned.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I understand there is a clear risk when a suspect reaches into their car. That doesn't mean the officer has to use deadly force, especially when the suspect's back is turned.

100% true and it is possible that the officer had no business using deadly force. It's also possible that there was a threat that warranted it. We do not have the full story yet and only a video with a small portion of the incident. Way too early to make a judgment IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, angelinkc said:

I’m sure that 18 second clip tells the whole story. 

You're right. It doesn't tell the whole story.

After cuffing him, they realized he wasn't the person they were looking for. So they charged him with resisting arrest.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You're right. It doesn't tell the whole story.

After cuffing him, they realized he wasn't the person they were looking for. So they charged him with resisting arrest.

If this is true then fire the officers. Keep in mind police have close to 50 million encounters a year and make 10 million arrests. One misuse of power is too many but you need a lot more twitter videos to show we have a significant problem. So how do you feel about the disproportionate number of abortion clinics in black neighborhoods. 1000 innocent die every day but feel free to keep defending these career criminals

14 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

If this is true then fire the officers.

I'm glad you agree. 

Regarding abortions in the black community, it makes me sad. I absolutely believe that abortion clinics profit off of poor people and manipulate them into making that choice. Abortion is a really tricky issue that often boils down to women believing they have no choice but to terminate their pregnancy, and if there's an abortion clinic down the street, it makes the choice less daunting. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I'm glad you agree. 

Regarding abortions in the black community, it makes me sad. I absolutely believe that abortion clinics profit off of poor people and manipulate them into making that choice. Abortion is a really tricky issue that often boils down to women believing they have no choice but to terminate their pregnancy, and if there's an abortion clinic down the street, it makes the choice less daunting. 

My biggest problem with our gov is they encourage it. I have never heard a planned parenthood commercial on country or classic rock radio stations. I have heard multiple public service announcements on black and hispanic radio and I am usually just passing by their channels. This really isn't a complex issue. If I can be locked down for 6 months and made to wear a mask for public safety. The mother can damn sure protect that life she created. By targeting minorities, we are essentially devaluing their lives from conception. Kanye just admitted he had serious thoughts about  aborting Kim's first child. The he revealed his dad thought the same about him. This reveals a serious lack of respect and value on black lives within their own community. All of this is a direct result of lack of a traditional family structure to shape community values. I have no problem with some police reforms when needed but there is no desire from the left to compromise on abortion. I will never believe libs commitment to the black community until they address the major underlying issue in the black community. The community lacks family leadership and places no value black lives not killed by cops. BLM openly opposes traditional families so this is not the movement to improve blacks lives. 

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

Ohhhh snap. Goodbye horses.

SHIT JUST GOT REALZ.

KC, are you in the habit of tucking your testicles between your legs to look like a lady ala Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs and Jay in Clerks II?

Well, I aint see either of those movies but wranglers aint made for tuckers

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-09-21/lapd-controversial-facial-recognition-software

Despite past denials, LAPD has used facial recognition software 30,000 times in last decade, records show

The Los Angeles Police Department has used facial recognition software nearly 30,000 times since 2009, with hundreds of officers running images of suspects from surveillance cameras and other sources against a massive database of mug shots taken by law enforcement.

The new figures, released to The Times, reveal for the first time how commonly facial recognition is used in the department, which for years has provided vague and contradictory information about how and whether it uses the technology. 

The LAPD has consistently denied having records related to facial recognition, and at times denied using the technology at all.

The truth is that, while it does not have its own facial recognition platform, LAPD personnel have access to facial recognition software through a regional database maintained by the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. And between Nov. 6, 2009, and Sept. 11 of this year, LAPD officers used the system’s software 29,817 times.