• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops Being Thugs

3 hours ago, Theo Huxtable said:

It's sad that there are so many people who are more upset about the response to injustice than the injustice itself. White privilege is a safe and comfortable place to be.

Many people have the capacity to be upset over both.  The people that want you to pick sides are the real problem

4 hours ago, Theo Huxtable said:

It's sad that there are so many people who are more upset about the response to injustice than the injustice itself. White privilege is a safe and comfortable place to be.

Both are bad.   
The squatting of those six Seattle blocks, isn’t that theoretically against the law?

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Many people have the capacity to be upset over both.  The people that want you to pick sides are the real problem

Based on what's posted about on AngelsWin (and my Facebook feed), it's clear which issue is the bigger concern for a lot of people.

38 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

Based on what's posted about on AngelsWin (and my Facebook feed), it's clear which issue is the bigger concern for a lot of people.

Do you have Charles and Brian on FB too?

I'm telling you guys it's nuts.

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yep, sides.  Us vs. Them

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that of the content I've seen about the recent events, about 95% is people criticizing the protesting and 5% talking about systemic racism and injustice.

32 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that of the content I've seen about the recent events, about 95% is people criticizing the protesting and 5% talking about systemic racism and injustice.

That's because the protesters who insist on acting like idiots have obscured the message. 

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, calscuf said:

The ones who took the wife beating sex deviant off the street?

Still looking for legit evidence that this guy was a wife-beating sex deviant. And even if he was, did he deserve to be shot? I have someone in my family who's a domestic abuser, and I don't think he deserves to be shot in the back by cops.

9 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Ok.  If Hitler was standing on a street corner and not killing anyone at that particular moment, would you be justified in killing him at that moment?

I'd be like, "Woah, Hitler is still alive?" and I'd call Blarg to come kill him. 

8 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Ok.  If Hitler was standing on a street corner and not killing anyone at that particular moment, would you be justified in killing him at that moment?

I will agree with Taylor on this one. His past, alone, is not justification for using force. If they had all this knowledge prior to the contact then that does change the officer's approach to the man. My biggest issue here is people have already made judgement's about the shooting without seeing a shred of evidence or any articulation to why the officer chose to shoot. It may very well be a bad shoot but there is no way to know that right now. Unfortunately very few will take notice how this guy did everything he could to escalate this incident and only the cops will get the blame  

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

What concerns me is that this criminal will be put on a pedestal and will be lauded as a hero.  What kind of psychosocial impact does that have on a group when they continually lionize the worst of their communities?  Children grow up not seeing murals of black doctors or teachers, but of criminals.

Since you apparently speak for the black community, and because you're an expert sociologist, you tell us. 

6 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I was asking a question.  I assume the effect is not positive.  Where did I claim to speak for the black community or to be an expert sociologist?

If you ask the question, you must have a theory about the answer.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

My biggest issue here is people have already made judgement's about the shooting without seeing a shred of evidence or any articulation to why the officer chose to shoot. It may very well be a bad shoot but there is no way to know that right now. Unfortunately very few will take notice how this guy did everything he could to escalate this incident and only the cops will get the blame 

it isn't going to matter at this point. the mob has made a final decision and won't turn back from it, regardless of what the evidence shows.

4 hours ago, Taylor said:

Still looking for legit evidence that this guy was a wife-beating sex deviant. And even if he was, did he deserve to be shot? I have someone in my family who's a domestic abuser, and I don't think he deserves to be shot in the back by cops.

It's the only defense racists have.