• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

6 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Do you guys all hug each other when you cry? So many fucking babies on this board. Go out and live life and quit feeling sorry about everything. 

We hug each other and wipe our liberal tears with our gloved hands. You can join us if you're feeling lonely.

35 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Do you guys all hug each other when you cry? So many fucking babies on this board. Go out and live life and quit feeling sorry about everything. 

I’m sick of being cooped up. Going to go fishing in the Eastern Sierra next weekend. Fuck the real world right now 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Cringe level 1,000! I can’t even watch it in its entirety 

I had to turn it off, too. This shit was hilarious though. The theatrics were on point. When Aaron Paul has his hands in his head and looks like he wants to cry, just next level acting.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I’m sick of being cooped up. Going to go fishing in the Eastern Sierra next weekend. Fuck the real world right now 

As long as you're not protesting through the streets with hundreds or thousands that you can give the flu to, I think you'll be alright.

3 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Reposting this from another thread (Craig-ing myself ... gross).

The foundation of our country is seeped in racism, from the Declaration of Independence, which endorsed violent colonialism against Native Americans; to the Constitution, which counted black people as 3/5ths human; to Manifest Destiny; to the Doctrine of Discovery; to the Trail of Tears; to the nation fighting a bloody war because half of the country would die and kill to protect their right to enslave black people; to Japanese internment camps; to Jim Crow; to a court system that is rigged against people of color; to "Make America Great Again."

Racism isn't the only social evil in our country, but it does exist, and we can't be intellectually honest without acknowledging that America is historically a racist nation. 

Every institution?
like Stanford, or Saddleback Church?

3 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Reposting this from another thread (Craig-ing myself ... gross).

The foundation of our country is seeped in racism, from the Declaration of Independence, which endorsed violent colonialism against Native Americans; to the Constitution, which counted black people as 3/5ths human; to Manifest Destiny; to the Doctrine of Discovery; to the Trail of Tears; to the nation fighting a bloody war because half of the country would die and kill to protect their right to enslave black people; to Japanese internment camps; to Jim Crow; to a court system that is rigged against people of color; to "Make America Great Again."

Racism isn't the only social evil in our country, but it does exist, and we can't be intellectually honest without acknowledging that America is historically a racist nation. 

A lot of Democrat policies in there. Sounds like someone has a lot of apologizing to do. 

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Every institution?

Was just listening to a podcast about people that use blanket statements. I've grown to dismiss it and move on, which sucks for whoever is talking because if they make valid points it falls on deaf ears.

"Every man does this....."

"Every woman acts like this..."

"All places do this......"

59 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Every institution?

You're taking "institution" literally. I don't mean every specific institution, but all of the major public institutions—the government, the police, the Supreme Court, the criminal justice system, the prison system, the public education system—was created, at least in part, to separate white people from black people and ensure that black people were prevented from having equality. There's a racist element to each of these institution's origins.

The article I linked to on the previous page helped me understand this concept better.