• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

26 minutes ago, RendZone said:

These are the real numbers for the LAPD.   

2019 Los Angeles Police Department:

Population of Los Angeles

• 49 % Hispanic 
• 9 % Black
• 28 % White
• 14 % Other

LAPD diversity: 

• Hispanic 49.15 %
• White 30.40 %
• Black 9.5 %
• Asian 7.75 %
• Filipino 2.46 %
• Indian 2.46 %
• Other 0.33 %

Use of Force:

• 1,692,351 public contacts. 
• 82,288 arrests (5% of public contacts)
• 2,373 uses of force (0.14 % of public contacts).

Officer involved shootings (OIS):

• 26 OIS (0.001 % of total public contacts).
• 26 OIS, 21 of suspects were hit by gun fire.

Actions of the suspect at the time of the OIS:

• 5 of the suspects fired his weapon at the officer.
• 9 of the suspects were armed with a gun.
• 6 of the suspect were armed with a knife.
• 1 off duty perception shooting- no gun found.
• Most if not all of these inicidents are captured on body worn video or the officers in car video.
• The law mandates the Department releases categorical use of force videos. The Dept. creates critical incident video’s and post them on YouTube to ensure transparency. 

Race of the suspect:

• 15 Hispanic suspects shot.
• 8 Black suspects shot.
• 2 White suspects shot. 
• 1 Other suspect shot.

Race of the officer who shot:

• Hispanic 14
• White 7
• Black 2
• Asian 1
• Filipino 1
• Other 1 

Violent crime suspects (29,963 violent crimes were reported in 2019).

• 39 % Hispanic
• 44 % Black
• 8 % White
• 2 % Other 
• 7 % unk

Homicide suspects:

• 34 % Hispanic
• 34 % Black
• 6 % White
• 1 % Other 
• 26 % unk

So why the need for drastic change? Politicians and their virtue signaling is maddening 

5 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Have you ever talked to a black person about their experiences with racism?

All the time. It’s fairly evenly mixed amongst my staff and coworkers. Based on these LAPD stats I don’t think they have a race problem at all 

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

All the time. It’s fairly evenly mixed amongst my staff and coworkers. Based on these LAPD stats I don’t think they have a race problem at all 

Interesting.

I'm in an organization of about 450 employees, and sadly, only 15 black employees. Last week, we had two staff meetings in which all 15 black employees shared about their experiences with racism. 100% of them had personal stories of being discriminated against and fearing the police. All of the men echoed the same thing: that growing up, their fathers gave them "the talk" (not the sex talk) about how to interact with police to minimize their chance of being killed. All of them fear the police.

The organization I work for is traditionally a conservative-leaning organization. We don't have many SJWs. I'm probably the most progressive person on my staff. So there wasn't an agenda here. Just 15 brothers and sisters sharing their real experiences.

Just now, Franklin Bluth said:

Interesting.

I'm in an organization of about 450 employees, and sadly, only 15 black employees. Last week, we had two staff meetings in which all 15 black employees shared about their experiences with racism. 100% of them had personal stories of being discriminated against and fearing the police. All of the men echoed the same thing: that growing up, their fathers gave them "the talk" (not the sex talk) about how to interact with police to minimize their chance of being killed. All of them fear the police.

The organization I work for is traditionally a conservative-leaning organization. We don't have many SJWs. I'm probably the most progressive person on my staff. So there wasn't an agenda here. Just 15 brothers and sisters sharing their real experiences.

What kind of African apparel did you wear?

4 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Interesting.

Could’ve avoided a lot of baby mommas if they had the sex talk. 

29 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Interesting.

I think where they grew up has a lot to do with the experiences as well. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I think where they grew up has a lot to do with the experiences as well. 

A couple grew up in NYC. One grew up in Seattle and North Carolina. Several grew up in Southern California. One in Chicago.

One is a former Marine who when he was in his early 20s got arrested with his black buddies at Universal City Walk because someone called the cops on them for supposedly causing trouble (they were simply hanging out in a group). When they saw his military ID, they let him go.

We are making progress. I see Robert E Lee statues are coming down. The military will probably rename multiple military bases. We are making great strides. When do we get to ban the democrat party for their participation in the civil war and slavery?  Every white man in America needs to bow and kiss some black ass but the Dems seem to owe no debt for their transgressions. 

57 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

We are making progress. I see Robert E Lee statues are coming down. The military will probably rename multiple military bases. We are making great strides. When do we get to ban the democrat party for their participation in the civil war and slavery?  Every white man in America needs to bow and kiss some black ass but the Dems seem to owe no debt for their transgressions. 

You do know all those southern Democrats left with Strom Thurmond 50 years ago and are now the Republican base?

52 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

You do know all those southern Democrats left with Strom Thurmond 50 years ago and are now the Republican base?

You might want to research just how many of the racist southern democrats hung around long after Strom left. I am sure Al Gore hated his pops.