• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

UCLA professor suspended for refusing to let black students skip their final

qpgd9peqnz251.jpg

Full Email

Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota. Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only? Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian? What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half? Also, do you have any idea if any students are from Minneapolis? I assume that they probably are especially devastated as well. I am thinking that a white student from there might be possibly even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they’re racist even if they are not. My TA is from Minneapolis, so if you don’t know, I can probably ask her. Can you guide me on how you think I should achieve a “no-harm” outcome since our sole course grade is from a final exam only? One last thing strikes me: Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on the ‘color of their skin.’ Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK’s admonition? Thanks, G. Klein

1 hour ago, NrM said:

qpgd9peqnz251.jpg

Full Email

Thanks for your suggestion in your email below that I give black students special treatment, given the tragedy in Minnesota. Do you know the names of the classmates that are black? How can I identify them since we’ve been having online classes only? Are there any students that may be of mixed parentage, such as half black-half Asian? What do you suggest I do with respect to them? A full concession or just half? Also, do you have any idea if any students are from Minneapolis? I assume that they probably are especially devastated as well. I am thinking that a white student from there might be possibly even more devastated by this, especially because some might think that they’re racist even if they are not. My TA is from Minneapolis, so if you don’t know, I can probably ask her. Can you guide me on how you think I should achieve a “no-harm” outcome since our sole course grade is from a final exam only? One last thing strikes me: Remember that MLK famously said that people should not be evaluated based on the ‘color of their skin.’ Do you think that your request would run afoul of MLK’s admonition? Thanks, G. Klein

UCLA is run by stupid fucks. 

2 hours ago, NrM said:

qpgd9peqnz251.jpg

Full Email

I don't think I need to fact check "Poets & Quants" to guess what the results would be. 

Air Force sergeant ID’d as suspect in 'ambush' killing of California deputy

Steven Carrillo, 32, faces first-degree murder charges in the shooting death of a California deputy, authorities say. (Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Office)

Steven Carrillo, 32, faces first-degree murder charges in the shooting death of a California deputy, authorities say.

Meanwhile, the FBI is investigating a possible link between the Santa Cruz shootings and the May 29 shooting death of a Federal Protective Service (FPS) officer in Oakland, Calif., according to The Associated Press. A second officer was critically injured in that incident.

Both cases involved gunmen using a van, authorities said.

Authorities released photos of the van seen near the Oakland shooting but it was unclear if it was the same van linked to the Santa Cruz County shooting.

Federal law enforcement officer Dave Patrick Underwood, 53, was killed May 29 in Oakland, Calif., while protecting a U.S. courthouse during a violent protest for George Floyd.

Rob Smith: Floyd protesters vandalism shows 'stunning lack of knowledge of American history'

Rob Smith: Floyd protesters vandalism shows 'stunning lack of knowledge of American history'

"It's really unfortunate that this is happening," Smith told host Steve Hilton. "When I see the defacement and destruction, it reminds me of the fact that Black Lives Matter and a lot of the people who are marching -- they are losing a lot of people that supported this movement."

"They are losing a lot of people that support standing up against police brutality against African-Americans [and] coming together as a country to figure out how we end this stain of racism..." he continued, saying that the anti-police-brutality protesters who choose to vandalize or loot lose from more moderate Americans who agree with their goal but abhor the destruction and civil unrest."

So mark wahlberg posts something in support of black lives matter and the Internet lets him have it for his past. Some racist shit he did as a kid...

if the goal is to end racism, what the fuck do these people think that looks like? Ending racism means there’s a bunch of ex-racists in our society. If there’s no incentive (forgiveness, acceptance) what’s the motivation for anyone to change?

1 hour ago, Adam said:

So mark wahlberg posts something in support of black lives matter and the Internet lets him have it for his past. Some racist shit he did as a kid...

if the goal is to end racism, what the fuck do these people think that looks like? Ending racism means there’s a bunch of ex-racists in our society. If there’s no incentive (forgiveness, acceptance) what’s the motivation for anyone to change?

Isn't he from Boston? Racist past should be understood as a given