• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

1 hour ago, Tank said:

so how long are all of these protests going to continue? what's their end goal?

The end goal is social and structural change that allows people of color to live freely without fear of authority.

The systems and institutions in our country continue to disenfranchise and marginalize people of color. Those of us who are white but are not speaking up about the problem are complicit in systemic racism. 

At the protest my wife and I participated in yesterday, there was a large emphasis on listening to the stories of black people and the racism they've experienced. There were also people there who were encouraging protesters to register to vote. 

Sit down with any black people you know and ask them to share their stories with you. Or watch YouTube videos of people sharing their stories. It will break your heart.

The sign I held at the protest read "End White Silence." Black people have been fighting this fight since the first slaves were kidnapped and brought to America in 1619. They can't possibly find true freedom unless white people join them in their fight and stand up against oppression.

3 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

The end goal is social and structural change that allows people of color to live freely without fear of authority.

The systems and institutions in our country continue to disenfranchise and marginalize people of color. Those of us who are white but are not speaking up about the problem are complicit in systemic racism. 

At the protest my wife and I participated in yesterday, there was a large emphasis on listening to the stories of black people and the racism they've experienced. There were also people there who were encouraging protesters to register to vote. 

Sit down with any black people you know and ask them to share their stories with you. Or watch YouTube videos of people sharing their stories. It will break your heart.

The sign I held at the protest read "End White Silence." Black people have been fighting this fight since the first slaves were kidnapped and brought to America in 1619. They can't possibly find true freedom unless white people join them in their fight and stand up against oppression.

How did you find black people in Lake Forest?

3 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

I'm sure the other white guys in their cargo shorts at that protest had similar signs.

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I make jokes about my wife for your guys’ benefit.  I certainly wouldn’t let her make me hold a gay fucking sign on the side of the road while someone I know might be driving by.  That’s just embarrassing.

Ooh, a man who takes charge! 

I'm sure your wife would be really turned on thinking about that while she pegs you.

33 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

One day I'd love to meet cals and learn about his actual opinions on things. It's difficult to tell what's satirical and what's genuine. 

went to a white sox game with him in Chicago two years ago. had a great time. he's a lot of fun when he's sober.