• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

31 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

You're taking "institution" literally. I don't mean every specific institution, but all of the major public institutions—the government, the police, the Supreme Court, the criminal justice system, the prison system, the public education system—was created, at least in part, to separate white people from black people and ensure that black people were prevented from having equality. There's a racist element to each of these institution's origins.

The article I linked to on the previous page helped me understand this concept better.

Is Saddleback Church still building a theme park in their parking lot?

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

His death having a bigger impact is certainly arguable.

I think there is merit with his sentiments that there are camera phones and how we have responded.

I wasn't alive when MLK was assented, but have learned he lead the charge for change. I don't know how his death was perceived, but he was given a national holiday. Not sure if that will happen with Floyd. I'll be dead by then, but I'd be curious to see how the history text books read about this moment in time.

'Live PD' host hits back when CNN questions show's 'social responsibility'

"Live PD" host Dan Abrams had a fiery clash Thursday with CNN anchor Brianna Keilar over the show's cancellation, with the anchor suggesting the program was nothing more than "entertainment."

On Wednesday, A&E Network announced the hit show would no longer be in production following the Paramount Network's cancellation of the long-running series "Cops."

Abrams, an executive producer of the series, previously expressed confidence that "Live PD" would ultimately return after A&E pulled the show from its schedule and has since expressed his disappointment with the network's decision.

Democrats cheering 'Black Lives Matter' protests now say Trump rallies pose coronavirus risk

Top Democrats who cheered on "Black Lives Matter" crowds across the U.S. are now criticizing President Trump for planning to restart his campaign rallies, saying the events -- which are scheduled to kick off June 19 in Tulsa, Okla. -- could help spread the coronavirus.

The apparent hypocrisy comes just weeks after big-city Democrats who once insisted on strict coronavirus lockdown measures had relented in the wake of George Floyd's in-custody death, and encouraged anti-police demonstrations.

democrats-cheering-black-lives-matter-protests-now-say-trump-rallies-pose-coronavirus-risk

New York City protesters calling for an end to police brutality threw red paint onto 5th Avenue in Manhattan Thursday to symbolize “blood in the streets,” according to reports.

At least one protester was arrested when he tagged a street sign near the Metropolitan Museum of Art with BLM for Black Lives Matter. The crowd booed and shouted “Black art matters!” and “Let him go!” as the protester was taken into custody, The New York Times reported.

“I just tagged the sign … because black lives matter and so do black artists,” the arrested protester said, according to the New York Post. “It felt really, really good.”

Some marchers poured out red paint from cans while others used spray paint or paint in water bottles but not all of the marchers spilled paint as they walked.

“We are marching for justice! We are marching for justice for black lives!” Shelby Brown, one of the march organizers yelled to the crowd before they left Harlem at the start of the march, according to The Times.

Brown said she wanted to pour red paint on the street because “they are not taking notice.”

“You can’t ignore what’s clearly going on in this country,” she said, according to the Post.

Protesters shouted “Defund the NYPD” and “F—k the police!” and at least one person carried a sign saying, “The NYPD has blood on its hands,” the Post reported.

protesters-throw-red-paint-on-nycs-5th-avenue-for-blood-in-the-streets-march