• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think "defunding the police" is responsible for this. I think policies and legislation that are lenient on crime are. The police can work their asses off and arrest as many people as they can but that doesn't mean much when the criminals aren't being held accountable for their crimes. If DAs aren't willing to lock people up then you can expect them to continue committing crimes. As far as blacks being disproportionately affected by violent crime, that's been that way for a while.

Caught up with a family member over Easter who is a swat member in LA.  He said it's always been bad but over the last few years it's gotten to the point where so many more officers have just said fuck it and retired because they can't do their jobs anymore.  I've heard the same thing out of a few guys out of Long Beach who said it's not like cops don't want to hold people accountable or like letting them walk but it's the DAs who won't prosecute.   

6 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Caught up with a family member over Easter who is a swat member in LA.  He said it's always been bad but over the last few years it's gotten to the point where so many more officers have just said fuck it and retired because they can't do their jobs anymore.  I've heard the same thing out of a few guys out of Long Beach who said it's not like cops don't want to hold people accountable or like letting them walk but it's the DAs who won't prosecute.   

An buddy was in town yesterday (before he leaves for somewhere near Ukraine, hes still in the Army), and I stopped by his house to catch up w him and see his family.

2 of his sisters are cops (LAPD). We talked about it at length.

Whereas when I applied for this job 100 years ago (them too), there would be 100 people showing up each month to test, for like 5 openings.

Now we have about 40 openings at my spot. And maybe 8 show up for the test (of which maybe 1 has a shot).

Nobody really wants this job, and everybody is leaving.

Anaheim PD is one of the crown jewels of SoCal law enforcement. Everyone wants to work there.

Theyre offering 15K for lateral officers right now.....  because they need to replace about 150 over the next two years. 

This was a problem before the riots..... its getting a lot worse....

When I first started, on a friday night (if no one took the night off) we'd have about 30 cops (2 shifts, gang unit, traffic) out. Now we have about 14 on any given night.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

An buddy was in town yesterday (before he leaves for somewhere near Ukraine, hes still in the Army), and I stopped by his house to catch up w him and see his family.

2 of his sisters are cops (LAPD). We talked about it at length.

Whereas when I applied for this job 100 years ago (them too), there would be 100 people showing up each month to test, for like 5 openings.

Now we have about 40 openings at my spot. And maybe 8 show up for the test (of which maybe 1 has a shot).

Nobody really wants this job, and everybody is leaving.

Anaheim PD is one of the crown jewels of SoCal law enforcement. Everyone wants to work there.

Theyre offering 15K for lateral officers right now.....  because they need to replace about 150 over the next two years. 

This was a problem before the riots..... its getting a lot worse....

When I first started, on a friday night (if no one took the night off) we'd have about 30 cops (2 shifts, gang unit, traffic) out. Now we have about 14 on any given night.

I imagine it will get a lot worse if they start eliminating qualified immunity 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Damn, they probably should have lit the city on fire for 200 days and the judge would have pardoned them. 

Cool use of whataboutism to excuse their behavior. 

Just now, Blarg said:

Yeah, that one day of protest nearly toppled the American Republic that 300 days of violent rights by the left couldn't. Thank God it was stopped in time. 

So you're good with police officers getting assaulted. Got it. 

You disgust me. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I never said that, did I? 

You didn't seem disgusted for the 300 days of BLM and ANTIFA riots that caused injury to both police and citizens. Glad to see you have changed for the better. 

I never excused the actions of BLM nor Antifa to downplay the horrible atrocities that took place for an unrelated event. I've never excused them at all. 

How do you even sleep at night?

Just now, Lhalo said:

Antifa rioters: bailed out next day by Soros

Capitol rioters: in Federal prison for over a year without bail

I think trying to over the capitol building that resulted in a death might be on a different level.

That doesn't mean ANTIFA doesn't seem to get a lot of breaks from the government and the media

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

I think trying to over the capitol building that resulted in a death might be on a different level.

That doesn't mean ANTIFA doesn't seem to get a lot of breaks from the government and the media

Are you talking about the unarmed woman that was shot?

• 2 weeks later...