• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our AW softball games and get togethers (Favorite AW memories)

13 minutes ago, Tank said:

i think that's glaus girl. - her name is denise.

Yes. She posted a picture on here hanging out with Scot Shields at Goathill Tavern. I remember Joe Nathan was sitting down in the background.

Just now, Tank said:

i liked it as well. fun place to meet up and for me and my sheltered self, i think it's the first bar i've been in (and so far the only bar). i liked that it was in OC so that i wasn't going to run into anyone i knew from church or school, which could have been a problem for me. jason certainly hired a lot of hot girls to work there

No comment.

Shit, I already did above.

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Yes. She posted a picture on here hanging out with Scot Shields at Goathill Tavern. I remember Joe Nathan was sitting down in the background.

I remember this now.

This is part of the reason I made this thread, so we could exchange memories that some of us have missed.

39 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Dude it was the best heist.

I'll let Lou tell it because I don't remember, but he bought tix from someone off the internet, but instead of just sending one ticket they sent three. I remember laughing with him as he paid a discount as the person couldn't make it, but got a 3-for-1.

I had chipped in on the suite that year, again. But I think it was pretty much Lou, Katie, and I for the most part and occasionally Katie and I running up to the suite to steal food.

Close. I paid $80 for a pair of tickets (my brother was going to go) and the guy ended up sending me 4. I sold my brother's ticket for $100 after he had to back out. I then got Derek in, too.   So it ended up with me getting paid $20 to have us 4 watch the game in the DC.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Close. I paid $80 for a pair of tickets (my brother was going to go) and the guy ended up sending me 4. I sold my brother's ticket for $100 after he had to back out. I then got Derek in, too.   So it ended up with me getting paid $20 to have us 4 watch the game in the DC.

Part of me was thinking you had four, but I couldn't remember but do about your brother. I now remember Derek needing a ticket and earlier we were like, "We'll get you in dude" and here you come like a knight in shining armor. Good times, man.

That was dope. I think I had been once before. I thought we played the Royals when Bruce Chen pitched out of his mind, but maybe that was when @Lhalo gave me his tix or we went together.

Here is the box score from that game:

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores/boxscore.php?boxid=200907040ANG

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Dude it was the best heist.

I'll let Lou tell it because I don't remember, but he bought tix from someone off the internet, but instead of just sending one ticket they sent three. I remember laughing with him as he paid a discount as the person couldn't make it, but got a 3-for-1.

I had chipped in on the suite that year, again. But I think it was pretty much Lou, Katie, and I for the most part and occasionally Katie and I running up to the suite to steal food.

I’ve been to diamond club with Lou. Back in the day you can print at home one diamond club ticket and make countless copies which would get you in. No reserved seat but you could grab some patio seats

@Brandon sorry for messing up your trunk - add it to my closing costs

I think we ended up having a poker game in some suite I rented

@DerekGMZ won, I think I played with other mIRC chat bros - HotDamn, RunPettisRun,  KevinBB, Scott and some others, and passed out on the table whilst playing?

Cassy, BBM (Jody), GlausGirl were there - I thought AIR was going to be 1000 years old - of course I remember meeting @Tank (hey buddy) and Percy, Chuck, others   Lou seemed like some kind of friendly businessman and Adam was a big ass dude amongst a lot of nerds   - everyone was cool

Amtrak security was BS.   I was cracking beers out of that thing to and from, they said nothing.  IEbruin is an asshole and Cory forgetting about a girlfriend were the hit threads at the time

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I’ve been to diamond club with Lou. Back in the day you can print at home one diamond club ticket and make countless copies which would get you in. No reserved seat but you could grab some patio seats

Yeah, it was a sad day in Angels history when they caught on. 

Hey, but we still had Hank to let us in.  His only rule: " don't do anything stupid" 

11 minutes ago, notherhalo said:

@DerekGMZ won, I think I played with other mIRC chat bros - HotDamn, RunPettisRun,  KevinBB, Scott and some others, and passed out on the table whilst playing?

Cassy, BBM (Jody), GlausGirl were there - I thought AIR was going to be 1000 years old - of course I remember meeting @Tank (hey buddy) and Percy, Chuck, others   Lou seemed like some kind of friendly businessman and Adam was a big ass dude amongst a lot of nerds   - everyone was cool

Amtrak security was BS.   I was cracking beers out of that thing to and from, they said nothing.  IEbruin is an asshole and Cory forgetting about a girlfriend were the hit threads at the time

All good dude. I think we all laughed about it and it was just water so it dried out without issue.....no issues or anything like that. I think the game ended and we all went back down and I was like, "fuck it" but handled shit the next day. Here's what's throwing me off, I was talking to the blonde chick Tara today and we were going through old pics and there is one that BBM took of me kissing her on the cheek and it looked like Throwbacks in the background. But at the same time I know I've played poker with you. You could possibly be right as you would have needed a ride. But I thought we went back to HD's as he lived right there in the new complex above The Catch......there was a time where literally everyone passed out (I think Derek even slept on a table) and I started playing flipaments with people and we ended up walking downstairs to The Catch to catch last call.

Side note, and I laughed about this because I forgot, but Tara reminded me. One of the mongoloids here challenged her to see who could bring more girls in the suite.....a cute blonde or some internet dude. I vaguely remember this, but Tara started pulling chicks to the suite for the dudes. 

1 hour ago, notherhalo said:

i remember when you opened that suitcase. it was one of the funnier moments i can recall.

2 hours ago, notherhalo said:

I sort of remember being at that one.

The 2011 late season tailgate was small but fun.    A couple of cool A’th fans hung out with us, one of them looking like he was auditioning to be a Jason Segel double.

The 2012 tailgate featured my bringing an at the time girl friend.   Let’s just say I finally wised up and got away from her, crazy lady.

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I sort of remember being at that one.

You were good sir.

I met you for the first time before the softball game. I got there early and met a bunch of you and chatted instead of getting there at game time, saying hey, and then jumping into the game. I remember you, Mark, wopphil, and YK. And of course saying hi to a bunch of dudes I already knew.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

@Chuckster70 Nice shot of us in the dugout! 

295753A4-42C5-4993-AD7E-D905F9F65EEA.jpeg

You're another one dude.

I started this so we could all share the memories, relationships, and good times....even outside the softball games we played.

Our times getting together to watch soccer matches was always good man. Always good to get a text or post in a thread that said, "Dubliner for the match?"

Good times dude.

48 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

We need to get back and make that happen when the Shitstorm ends.  @Lhalo is always in too.  Did @Schildog drop off this site?  Haven’t seen him in the locker in a while.  Also, we need to get @Victor out of retirement.  

We had a good time with him. My guess, is that a combo of him becoming a new father and maybe some stagnation in the forum as it kind of died down a bit and became just Nate posting about Chelsea and none of us care. Victor and I are still good friends and we've talked many of times of getting together for matches but neither of us follows through.....and I get it, the drive between OC and LA sucks. He will be tough to pull because of the kids and his lady. It feels like the kids play matches damn near every weekend.