• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our AW softball games and get togethers (Favorite AW memories)

I'm talking with Strad and Soto in another thread, but think I need to piece together the years and events from your perspective.

Does anyone remember the years of some of our events?

But mainly I wanted to create this thread to ask what are some of your favorite memories? Events? Any random get togethers? Any friendships through the site? Just things you remember with people from here and events. I'm going through the memory banks and I have done a ton of things with some of you schmucks. From game get togethers, to Del Mar trips, to our Beerfest, watch parties, to even Adam's wedding.  

What are your favorite memories because of AW?

I want to put a timeline together.

Edited by Latrell

I've enjoyed softball, over-the-line, golf, and cookouts with many of you over the years.

my favorite thing was when I arranged to meet a few guys from here for lunch at danny k's one Sunday and watch the angels' game on their big screen. little did I know  there was a surprise for me. I walked in and about six guys from here had cobbled together a set of golf clubs for me along with a very generous gift card from chuck. this happened after someone ( @Adam ) stole my golf clubs from my garage. Nate turned me on to a used club site from callaway for a putter and a sand wedge, and I was set. still using those irons and the rescue wood today. this was a day that caught me completely off guard, and in the best way possible. one of my favorite days, period. I think this was in 2012.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I watched a few of those videos.   I run stupid and I’m sure it’s only gotten worse with age.  

Yeah but you did hit a home run to LF in one of them. 

Damn, I was out of shape and overweight back in those days. 

Two things about this picture, one, I look forward to being out of shape and looking like this.  Two, you ever hold your hand up like that to me, I’d drill you with a slow pitch pitch.  That is the kind of bad ass I am.  I’m the kind of bad ass that would mildly annoy you with a ball falling from the sky in your general direction.  

0E5905B0-0CF8-4F24-8814-97E16B12EE84.jpeg

45 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

First batter, first game.  And we lost our only good ball.

When he hit that ball, my first thought was, that was a bomb, then I thought, wow, maybe I could hit one out since not only did he hit one out, he hit it onto the roof of the house.  I hit a ball about as far as I can hit a ball (into those trees)  and it was still 75 feet short of where he hit it.  

Also, what the hell position was I playing on that home run, I was the 2nd SS I guess.  You’ll see me high five Victor after he rounds 2nd base.  I think Jason Brennen was the SS and for some reason I was just to his left.  We must have had too many outfielders or something.  

Damn these games were fun.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Also, what the hell position was I playing on that home run, I was the 2nd SS I guess.  You’ll see me high five Victor after he rounds 2nd base.  I think Jason Brennen was the SS and for some reason I was just to his left.  We must have had too many outfielders or something.  

You might have been playing rover.  I remember that was a strategy that was used in the first big AW softball tournament when we were using 3 fields.  People were just doinking it because it was mainly casual people, so the rover was playing the shift to the infield.  But the second tournament where the video was from, there were less casual players, and I think in the third it was mainly only comprised of people who played softball regularly.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I typically played SS, played 3B once and 1B and 2B a couple times. 

Jason for being a large human played a really good SS. Victor Rojas was great at SS. @Richard was a REALLY good CF. I think LTH always played 1B or pitched if I remember. 

@Adam was pretty good at the hot corner if I remember right. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Two things about this picture, one, I look forward to being out of shape and looking like this.  Two, you ever hold your hand up like that to me, I’d drill you with a slow pitch pitch.  That is the kind of bad ass I am.  I’m the kind of bad ass that would mildly annoy you with a ball falling from the sky in your general direction.  

0E5905B0-0CF8-4F24-8814-97E16B12EE84.jpeg

To be fair @Stradling this was 6 months into getting my fat out of shape ass back into the gym. This I believe was our last softball tournament in 2015 or 2016, can't exactly remember. 

I was referring to the 2013 video. Dear gawd I looked like a combination of Pujols and Bengie Molina. 

I remember crushing this one back in 2009 or 2010.

1924016_1184031717430_3992245_n.jpg

This year I played the hot corner and Adam hit one so hard it nearly went through my glove. That ball was truly HOT. 

1924016_1184031917435_2597240_n.jpg

1924016_1184031837433_2540457_n.jpg

My son Jared played that year with us, as did my brother in law Mike who actually played in a few of our softball tournaments. 

36847_1494388196148_4204930_n.jpg

36847_1494388276150_7681181_n.jpg

36847_1494388236149_8356007_n.jpg

35073_1494369915691_8209896_n.jpg

35073_1494369955692_361010_n.jpg

Do you guys remember when @decinces11 slid into one our member's kids who was blocking the plate and took him out? The dad was pissed, but my 6'4 3rd degree black belt in Judo of a brother in law got in his face and there was a heated exchange. Decinces11 left the field. 

I was so glad that  bro in law Mike didn't have to put his hands on him. 

17 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you guys remember when @decinces11 slid into one our member's kids who was blocking the plate and took him out? The dad was pissed, but my 6'4 3rd degree black belt in Judo of a brother in law got in his face and there was a heated exchange. Decinces11 left the field. 

I was so glad that  bro in law Mike didn't have to put his hands on him. 

Isn’t Judo just gay karate?

haha jk