• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Our AW softball games and get togethers (Favorite AW memories)

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Do you guys remember when @decinces11 slid into one our member's kids who was blocking the plate and took him out? The dad was pissed, but my 6'4 3rd degree black belt in Judo of a brother in law got in his face and there was a heated exchange. Decinces11 left the field. 

I was so glad that  bro in law Mike didn't have to put his hands on him. 

There it is.

I mentioned this in the other thread that prompted this one. I think that was the very first one we played and I was late and missed it, but heard the dudes talking about it in the dugout and asked what happened. A lot of people didn't know who the dude was on here. I mentioned it years later in jest and I get a private message from him saying he messed up and apologized to some people.

1 hour ago, Latrell said:

There it is.

I mentioned this in the other thread that prompted this one. I think that was the very first one we played and I was late and missed it, but heard the dudes talking about it in the dugout and asked what happened. A lot of people didn't know who the dude was on here. I mentioned it years later in jest and I get a private message from him saying he messed up and apologized to some people.

Oh yeah, he's a good dude. It was a bang bang play and I was almost positive it wasn't intentional. 

I think the part that pissed people off was that instead of checking on the kid and feeling the immediate remorse, he got up fist bumped the sky and ran off to the dugout rather than checking on the kid. lol

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Did you guys play a doubleheader that day with Rojas?  Because I know I played a game with him in that park, but never saw me in that video.

Yeah. I'm in that pic and that was the last time I remember playing. That was the year there was a ton of sign-ups, so we did a four team draft deal and played kind of a tournament.

Aside from putting a timeline on our games, I wanted to get some cool group photos or stories from you peeps. I found a bunch, but don't remember the years. But thought it would be cool to kick up the memories.

A bunch of us from here did a memorial poker tournament when Allen's wife passed from cancer

375416_2379813540975_1917481025_n.jpg?_n

I think this was after the softball tournament YK mentioned where we all tailgated before watching the game in the suite

189540_1605766150274_5851012_n.jpg?_nc_c

62477_1418315944136_5835626_n.jpg?_nc_ca

A bunch of us went to opening day at Del Mar

38618_1354401186307_6316502_n.jpg?_nc_ca

38618_1354401146306_5732626_n.jpg?_nc_ca

Adam's wedding

31343_1285427822016_7242890_n.jpg?_nc_ca

25410_1264564300441_2480339_n.jpg?_nc_ca

25410_1264563660425_4895536_n.jpg?_nc_ca

Angels game

20956_1209671968167_3214125_n.jpg?_nc_ca

Remember the Throwbacks bus that would take us to the games?

1916922_1101719789430_359872_n.jpg?_nc_c

Throwbacks watch get togethers or pregames where we would go

1916922_1101718949409_119244_n.jpg?_nc_c

1929025_1199033502241_3133690_n.jpg?_nc_

The get together for Langston and Hudler

3150_1133530704712_2134566_n.jpg?_nc_cat

Our big Beerfest event

222309_1051280008496_4523_n.jpg?_nc_cat=

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@Bruce Nye, @DEVLBAT, @Brian Ilten & @Spirit in the house with @Latrell

gallery_1_4_34095.jpg

gallery_1_4_59976.jpg

gallery_1_4_108737.jpg

I ran through the gallery and saw these.....I don't even remember some of them or the people that showed up.

This whole thing was wild. I don't even know how this event started here. But we organized it and even Jason Brennan set aside pricing for us and even created punch cards for our beer contest. It started with Tom P., Adam, and me as we got there at about when it opened and just let went to town and strategized how we were going to drink, when we were going to eat, etc. 

Everyone started to show up around the evening and I can only imagine the shit show you guys saw. It was a blast though. 

I have to find more of our tailgating pics. I know I have a ton more somewhere. 

Do you guys remember when we filled that entire area under the Big A and had it roped off for us and I hired a DJ to play music?

Had a few grills going. @notherhalo brought a suitcase of cold beer. lol

Good times! 

25 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I have to find more of our tailgating pics. I know I have a ton more somewhere. 

Do you guys remember when we filled that entire area under the Big A and had it roped off for us and I hired a DJ to play music?

Had a few grills going. @notherhalo brought a suitcase of cold beer. lol

Good times! 

I think that is in some of the pics, don't remember the year. But I see the Lexus SUV in some of the pics and I swapped vehicles with a family member to use their SUV because I volunteered to drive a bunch of people after one of the games. I see the SUV in the pics, but remember because Nother took the train down and had nowhere to put the suitcase so I told him to throw it in the SUV and all the ice melted and soaked the shit out of the trunk.

Funny thing, too. This was the first tailgate event and the way it sounded I thought we got perks for the event since how it was setup. I remember driving into the stadium but literally didn't stop at the parking booth and just simply waved at the dude and he waved back as I drove through like I was a player or in the front office. Scott started busting up and said, "I can't believe you just did that.....and it worked!?!" and I had a puzzled look and said, "Was I supposed to pay for parking?"

Good times.

What throws me off is I went to two events where we were under the A. The pics I posted must be the first one because I see the SUV and remember Nother's suitcase drowning the trunk, but I also thought that we played a game earlier....and maybe a few of us cleaned up at Adam and Blakes parents house that was close to the park. I have a pic in the suite with Tara and Keith where I am bombed. But the second time is when Katie and I dated and I see her in the group photo of what looks like that third softball game I remember. That was the tailgate where people held signs for the big group picture and I think some kind of donation or gift was given. And that game Katie and I sat with Lou in Diamond Club as he scored extra tix for free. I think I might be mixing up some of the dynamics. @m0nkey what year did you play where you were in that picture? I'm wondering if I played in four games instead of three. I think that pic was also at Hart Field like the one I'm in that YK posted. I'm pretty sure it may not be the same game, but am not 100%

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Anybody remember a get together at some bar/restaurant in Brea?  I seem to recall meeting @Lou there.

I could be misremembering.

I think a bunch of you met at Taps.

It may have been the very first get together. Shit, it may have even been back in the ESPN days.

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What throws me off is I went to two events where we were under the A. The pics I posted must be the first one because I see the SUV and remember Nother's suitcase drowning the trunk, but I also thought that we played a game earlier....and maybe a few of us cleaned up at Adam and Blakes parents house that was close to the park. I have a pic in the suite with Tara and Keith where I am bombed. But the second time is when Katie and I dated and I see her in the group photo of what looks like that third softball game I remember. That was the tailgate where people held signs for the big group picture and I think some kind of donation or gift was given. And that game Katie and I sat with Lou in Diamond Club as he scored extra tix for free. I think I might be mixing up some of the dynamics. @m0nkey what year did you play where you were in that picture? I'm wondering if I played in four games instead of three. I think that pic was also at Hart Field like the one I'm in that YK posted. I'm pretty sure it may not be the same game, but am not 100%

I think that was 2012, if I'm remembering right.  I think Chris Mcgee was there that year, and I remember talking to him about the Greinke trade

11 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I think that was 2012, if I'm remembering right.  I think Chris Mcgee was there that year, and I remember talking to him about the Greinke trade

Ok cool, thanks man. I didn't play in that one. Ironically, I think I missed the softball game because I was in KC to see the Angels and Greinke against the Royals. It was the game where he had a no-hitter but Sosh pulled him in the 8th and we ended up losing in the bottom of the 9th.

The one YK posted was my last one. So that must have been 2009. @Chuckster70 was there a layoff between games? I remember we did it every year around the 4th of July, but think everyone took a few years off before this one in 2012.

Just talked to Tara and while we were going through pics and memories, it is 2009. In the process I clicked on a pic and Jody actually has a ton of pics from the event. It was July 4th, 2009. So, @Chuckster70 if you are still friends with Jody on FB you can get them there. Found this one while I was looking through the album.

aw1.jpg

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Anybody remember a get together at some bar/restaurant in Brea?  I seem to recall meeting @Lou there.

I could be misremembering.

Yeah, I remember it. Not sure exactly where it was, however. 

I only remember being the coolest guy there. 

(you were second)