• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2020 Election

2020 Election  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you value more?

• The U.S. Constitution and the will of the voters
    • #Overturn!

5 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I specifically heard him say that he plans to suspend withholding for Social Security, which is where the funding comes from. He can play semantics all that he wants. I don't trust the son of a bitch.

Read the article.  He has never said he will defund social security.  He did say he was going to lower taxes and try to get rid of the payroll tax, and fund social security through the general fund.  But I guess people don't want lower taxes.

15 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I pray for that every day. I am due to begin drawing Social Security next March, and Trump has sworn to defund it.

From the article: Notably, it's not within a president's power to unilaterally change tax law or re-appropriate government funds, experts told the New York Times. 

I too will be looking at a draw in five years and hope the hundreds of thousands I contributed over the last 45 years of working isn't erased. It seem incomprehensible that it could be without a massive revolt. 

From the article you cited:

If reelected, Trump could continue to defer the payroll tax with executive orders.

This is the danger. Going on:

"Nearly 90% of Social Security's funding comes from payroll contributions, and if Trump terminated payroll contributions, the other funding sources would be insufficient," Benesch wrote in an emailed statement. "By law, Social Security is forbidden from paying benefits if there is not sufficient revenue to cover the cost."

Trump has to go. Period. My opinion is that he prefers to fund it from the general fund because it would be easier to divert the money that  is supposed to go to Social Security. He has his, and he doesn't give a damn about any of the rest of us.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

9 hours ago, RendZone said:

Trumps policy’s will certainly put more people on the streets. His billionaire buddies are the only ones who are benefiting from his corporate welfare.

Weird.  I am not Trumps buddy and I am nowhere close to being a billionaire.  Yet Trumps policies have been great for me.

This is very bad for your narrative.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Weird.  I am not Trumps buddy and I am nowhere close to being a billionaire.  Yet Trumps policies have been great for me.

I feel bad for people who's prosperity and happiness is totally dependent on whoever the president is. I started my adult life when H. W was in office and it's been good ever since 

Just now, Jason said:

I feel bad for people who's prosperity and happiness is totally dependent on whoever the president is. I started my adult life when H. W was in office and it's been good ever since 

My prosperity or happiness is not dependent on who is President, but policies do have an effect on many things I am involved in.

It would probably be a good idea for more people to at least attempt to disconnect their emotional reaction to who wins an election from their chosen attitude for the day, every day of that 4 year term.

But they don’t even want to.  I keep saying it but indignity is the new dignity.

13 hours ago, RendZone said:

Trumps policy’s will certainly put more people on the streets. His billionaire buddies are the only ones who are benefiting from his corporate welfare.

weird that you would say this because before the shutdown, unemployment levels were as low as they've been in years. for blacks, they were historically low. i wonder what changed?

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Weird. I am not Trumps buddy and I am nowhere close to being a billionaire.  Yet Trumps policies have been bad for me.