• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

I wonder which country suffers the most if the US pulled all trade and manufacturing from China? Move all drug, electronics, textiles, everything out of China and pay the extra 10 cents per gross to have it manufactured in any other country. I'm sure South America would love billions of dollars floating through their ecomies. Maybe it would employ enough Quatemalans that there would be a US maid service shortage. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I wonder which country suffers the most if the US pulled all trade and manufacturing from China? Move all drug, electronics, textiles, everything out of China and pay the extra 10 cents per gross to have it manufactured in any other country. I'm sure South America would love billions of dollars floating through their ecomies. Maybe it would employ enough Quatemalans that there would be a US maid service shortage. 

While I think we should be promoting that sort of thing it's not something that can just be done overnight. China has been building up it's infrastructure for years, building economic ecosystems that have created the markets that we'd like to move. Another thing to consider is that China's domestic market is so large that, at this point, they don't really care about US goods, they can sustain a pretty decent economy without doing business with us.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

China's domestic market is so large that, at this point, they don't really care about US goods, they can sustain a pretty decent economy without doing business with us.

Can I get a reference for this?

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I see manufacturing independence as being a stated goal but I don’t think they’re close yet. The average Chinaman is a poor farmer/factory worker. Their citizens don’t have the necessary capital to afford their own products. 

Thanks for the articles. They were ver interesting (no sarc).

16 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I see manufacturing independence as being a stated goal but I don’t think they’re close yet. The average Chinaman is a poor farmer/factory worker. Their citizens don’t have the necessary capital to afford their own products. 

Thanks for the articles. They were ver interesting (no sarc).

They are pretty content with being poor if they have to be, lol. Trade is now only around 30% of their GDP. Yeah they probably aren't there yet, but by the time we do anything about it they will be. Also it's not like they will have to be 100% self reliant, the world will still continue to trade with them.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/12/g7-global-infrastructure-plan-to-rival-chinas-belt-and-road-initiative?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-1

G7 backs Biden infrastructure plan to rival China’s belt and road initiative

The G7 group of rich nations has agreed plans to set up an alternative to China’s belt and road initiative as part of a broad push back against Beijing covering human rights, supply chains, support for Taiwan and demands to reveal more about the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic.

US officials said Biden was pushing the other G7 leaders for “concrete action on forced labour” in China and to include criticism of Beijing in their final communique. Japan also said it was backing a mention of Taiwan in the final statement.

China’s Xi is ‘serious’ about ‘bash heads bloody’ warning, Pompeo says

Former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo joined "Fox News Primetime" to react to the increasingly stark dichotomy between the priorities of the U.S. military versus those of America's top rivals and enemies.

On Thursday, Chinese President Xi Jinping threatened that any nation who gets in the way of China's priorities "will find their heads bashed bloody against a great wall of steel."

• 2 weeks later...