• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

Also, isn't this:

The flag of the poor is Christian. Poverty is at the center of the Gospel,” he said, citing Biblical passages about the need to help the poor, the sick and the needy.

100% true?

I didn't know helping the sick and poor is Communism. But if it is, score one for Communism??

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

The generosity and kind hearts of other Americans have done way more good for people than the government ever has or ever will. It would be nice if more people got on board with it. 

I'm not saying I think the government should control everything, but things like healthcare obviously need some serious reform. Healthcare may very well be the single biggest issue we as a country face.

It's easy to say "and you guys want the government controlling this?" and the answer is no, I don't. But if it's better than the current situation I'm all for it. The poor and needy can't afford to pay $300 a month (at the absolute minimum) for health insurance, not to mention out of pocket expenses. What's our "fellow man" doing about that? Absolutely fuck all.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm not saying I think the government should control everything, but things like healthcare obviously need some serious reform. Healthcare may very well be the single biggest issue we as a country face.

It's easy to say "and you guys want the government controlling this?" and the answer is no, I don't. But if it's better than the current situation I'm all for it. The poor and needy can't afford to pay $300 a month (at the absolute minimum) for health insurance, not to mention out of pocket expenses. What's our "fellow man" doing about that? Absolutely fuck all.

That's a different argument than the article about the Pope. The Bible verses that he's referencing are about our need to show love, compassion, charity to our fellow humans. Health care coverage and government's role with the needy and poor is an entirely different subject. This pope is misleading people and he knows it.  

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

https://www.chministries.org/

https://cameronscrusaders.org/amazing-charities-that-help-with-medical-bills/

https://wealthfit.com/money/organizations-that-help-pay-medical-bills/

https://www.panfoundation.org/

https://www.cancercare.org/

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's a different argument than the article about the Pope. The Bible verses that he's referencing are about our need to show love, compassion, charity to our fellow humans. Health care coverage and government's role with the needy and poor is an entirely different subject. This pope is misleading people and he knows it.  

I don't think it is. It's a part of our lives whether we want it or not. 

You're looking at it from a simplistic point of view: We are kind, we donate our time to homeless shelters, we have bake sales. That's certainly commendable but that doesn't solve the issue of receiving medical care.

It's like Christian scientists who believe God will cure everything (no I'm not calling you a CS). What if God's cure is being cared for by Medical professionals? So millions of people cannot receive that because it's too expensive. So how do we fix that? To me it's pretty simple. You can dance around the concept but it's right there in front of you.

8 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't think it is. It's a part of our lives whether we want it or not. 

You're looking at it from a simplistic point of view: We are kind, we donate our time to homeless shelters, we have bake sales. That's certainly commendable but that doesn't solve the issue of receiving medical care.

It's like Christian scientists who believe God will cure everything (no I'm not calling you a CS). What if God's cure is being cared for by Medical professionals? So millions of people cannot receive that because it's too expensive. So how do we fix that? To me it's pretty simple. You can dance around the concept but it's right there in front of you.

I think healthcare systems are so big in this country that you have to be in a certain position to create change within them. I can't change blue cross by demanding they take care of the homeless people in Glendale or else. I can't create Tank's Healthcare and have people sign up like I'm the next blue cross and run it accordingly. but I can open a free clinic like a lot of other people have done in their local communities or join doctors without borders or any other number of charitable organizations that help with providing health screenings and some general assistance. 

the healthcare machinery is a huge beast that I can't address. my work has to come on a more personal, intimate level with people around me, one by one, which is what the Bible encourages us to do.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a33809002/china-carrier-killer-missile-test-america-warning/

In Warning to America, China Tests Carrier-Killer Missiles

China's message? Stay out of our sea.

China launched two ballistic missiles from the mainland into the South China Sea on Wednesday. The rare double test was almost certainly a warning to the U.S. Navy, which has sent several aircraft carriers into the sea on exercises this year. China claims up to 90 percent of the sea as its territory, a position the U.S. and other nations dispute.

The DF-26B and DF-21D are anti-ship ballistic missiles (ASBMs), which are designed to launch from mobile transporters and travel hundreds of miles to attack enemy warships. The hypersonic warhead flies higher and faster than conventional anti-ship missiles, making it difficult for ships without ballistic missile engagement capability to intercept. The warhead is designed to slam into a warship at blisteringly fast speed, then detonate a high explosive or even nuclear warhead deep in the bowels of the ship.

Rescuers search for victims in the aftermath of the collapse of a two-story restaurant in Xiangfen county in northern China's Shanxi province on Saturday, Aug. 29, 2020. (Chinatopix Via AP)

A two-story restaurant in China collapsed while hosting an 80th birthday party, leaving 29 people dead and dozens injured, authorities said Sunday.

The building crumbled around 9:40 a.m. Saturday in a village in Xiangfen county in the province of Shanxi, about 400 miles (630 kilometers) southwest of Beijing, China’s Ministry of Emergency Management said in a statement.

Hundreds of rescuers searched the rubble and broken slabs of concrete, using sniffer dogs, cranes, and high-tech sensors. After daylong rescue efforts, 29 people were confirmed dead and another 28 were injured, seven of them seriously, officials said.

Link

Do they have any building codes over there?

Edited by Redondo

3 hours ago, Redondo said:

Do they have any building codes over there?

They don't care about that shit, just look at their air. Their stated policy is that the people will have to suffer so that China can grow rich enough to be the dominant power on the world stage. Once that happens they can outsource that suffering to Africa.

On 4/23/2020 at 6:05 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

From the CaLOLfornia thread...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-pension-fund-board-slams-180854579.html

California Pension Fund Board Slams CIO for Selling Off Hedges ahead of Coronavirus Market Downturn

Yu Ben Meng — the chief investment officer of California’s public pension who has ties to Chinese espionage — sold off the fund’s investments in hedges against market downturn without the approval of the pension’s board, a move that cost the fund a billion-dollar payout following the coronavirus market crash.

This dude should be in jail.

https://www.buyoutsinsider.com/calpers-cio-meng-resigns-amid-questions-over-personal-investments/

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2020/08/calpers-chief-investment-officer-ben-meng-made-false-felonious-financial-disclosure-report-more-proof-of-lack-of-compliance-under-marcie-frost.html

9 hours ago, Lhalo said:

People in positions of power need to be held to a significantly higher standard. We need federal laws that require 4x punishments for people who are meant to be accountable to citizens. People need to stop burning each other's businesses down and instead set up the guillotine outside Newsome's, Beccera's and the rest of their houses.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-taiwan-china-security-idUSKBN2610HG

Taiwan denounces large-scale Chinese drills near island

TAIPEI (Reuters) - Taiwan denounced China on Thursday over large-scale air and naval drills off its southwestern coast which it called a serious provocation and a threat to international air traffic. It urged Beijing to rein in its armed forces. 

China, which claims democratic Taiwan as its own, has stepped up military exercises near the island, in what Taipei views as intimidation to force it to accept Chinese rule. 

Yeh Kuo-hui, from Taiwan’s defence ministry’s operations and planning department, told a hastily-arranged news conference that China’s intentions could not be predicted. 

“We must make all preparations for war readiness,” Yeh said, following a news briefing from senior officers describing the Chinese activities over the last two days, and showing a map of Chinese movements. 

The drills took place in Taiwan’s air defence identification zone, between mainland Taiwan and the Taiwan-controlled Pratas Islands, the ministry said. Taiwan says China sent advanced Su-30 and J-10 fighters to participate. 

Taiwan Deputy Defence Minister Chang Che-ping said the drills threatened regional stability and endangered international aviation, he said.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...