• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Jason said:

Lol. Didn’t Trump try and ban it because of something like this?

He tried to get a US company to acquire them, otherwise he’d have banned it. Oracle was going to buy it, but Biden stopped it.

Funny, I was offered to interview for an engineering position at TikTok yesterday. 

4 hours ago, failos said:

He tried to get a US company to acquire them, otherwise he’d have banned it. Oracle was going to buy it, but Biden stopped it.

Funny, I was offered to interview for an engineering position at TikTok yesterday. 

You're a Chinese asset?

On 6/18/2022 at 12:59 AM, failos said:

I think it's more that it's difficult politically to have a President unilaterally ban a company from operating in the US. We should probably come up with some sort of process to do it, but I imagine corporate interests will keep it from happening. Also a big thanks to all the libs who think everything Trump wanted to do was a terrible idea.

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think it's more that it's difficult politically to have a President unilaterally ban a company from operating in the US. We should probably come up with some sort of process to do it, but I imagine corporate interests will keep it from happening. Also a big thanks to all the libs who think everything Trump wanted to do was a terrible idea.

Not every president can pull it off, but Trump did…almost.

I would’ve rather seen TikTok sold to an American corporation, personally. I hate TikTok, so I don’t care one why or the other.

5 minutes ago, failos said:

Not every president can pull it off, but Trump did…almost.

I would’ve rather seen TikTok sold to an American corporation, personally. I hate TikTok, so I don’t care one why or the other.

The issue with Trump was that he tried to sell it to one of his buddies, and in the event that he couldn't get it for his buddy he wanted a finders fee. He couldn't ever do something just for the perceived good of the country, he needed to get something for himself out of it. It was doomed from the start because of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

China puts military on notice as US tensions hit boiling point, world watches Pelosi's travel to Asia

The Chinese military announced it would be holding live-fire naval exercises Saturday in the Taiwan Strait ahead of a possible visit to Taiwan by U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Tensions are high in the region with a U.S. strike group heading to the South China Sea and Pelosi possibly en route to Taiwan during her tour of Asian allied countries like Japan and Malaysia. Pelosi could become the highest-ranking American elected official to visit Taiwan since 1997. 

Chinese officials have exploded with anger at the proposition, saying that such a visit would violate the One China Policy and would constitute aiding an illegal rebellion. If Pelosi does attempt to visit Taiwan, one Chinese state media personality even suggested shooting down her plane.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I really would like to see how Republicans react if Pelosi's plane got shot down.

All joking aside, that would be terrible and an act of war. I do think Pelosi needs to make the trip and not back down to China’s threat