• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CHINA

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

This should have been in place already. Sorry about your students (spies in training) Tank.

not gonna lie, i won't miss them this coming year.

the school we work with has been sending adult volunteers instead of teachers from their school. the kids have no respect for them, don't listen, and refuse to obey them too many times. it makes for a hellish situation when it comes to discipline. new leadership took over two years ago and has made this a hassle for us because the kids just tell them "if you punish me, i'll call my parents and report you to them." the former director left two years ago and ran things very well with few problems. the school administration wasn't happy with him so he resigned. it hasn't been the same since.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-22/u-s-asked-china-to-close-houston-consulate-top-editor-hu-says

China Vows Retaliation After U.S. Shutters Houston Consulate

China vowed retaliation after the U.S. forced the closure of its Houston consulate, in one of the biggest threats to diplomatic ties between the countries in decades.

The U.S. government gave China three days to close its consulate in America’s fourth-most populous city in an “unprecedented escalation,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Wang Wenbin said Wednesday in Beijing. China planned to “react with firm countermeasures” if the Trump administration didn’t “revoke this erroneous decision,” Wang said.

The State Department said it ordered the consulate shut “to protect American intellectual property and Americans’ private information,” without giving more details. At least two Chinese citizens have been convicted of stealing energy industry trade secrets in Houston in recent years. The consulate is one of five China maintains in the U.S. along with its embassy in Washington.

Asked for specifics on why the consulate was being closed, Secretary of State Michael Pompeo responded with broad remarks about China’s actions on intellectual property, saying it was “costing hundreds of thousands of jobs.”

“We are setting out clear expectations for how the Chinese Communist Party is going to behave and when they don’t we’re going to take actions that protect the American people,” he said at a briefing on Wednesday in Denmark where he was meeting the country’s foreign minister.

“To close a consulate on 72-hours notice should be the result only of major infractions by that country and certainly signals a level of diplomatic rancor that is quite intense.”

The first signs of trouble in Houston came when police and firefighters descended on the consulate after reports that papers were being burned outside in open containers. Fires could be seen in multiple containers, with smoke rising into the sky.

On Tuesday, the Justice Department accused two Chinese hackers of working for Beijing to steal or try to steal terabytes of data, including coronavirus research, from Western companies in 11 nations.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 9:59 PM, Tank said:

not gonna lie, i won't miss them this coming year.

the school we work with has been sending adult volunteers instead of teachers from their school. the kids have no respect for them, don't listen, and refuse to obey them too many times. it makes for a hellish situation when it comes to discipline. new leadership took over two years ago and has made this a hassle for us because the kids just tell them "if you punish me, i'll call my parents and report you to them." the former director left two years ago and ran things very well with few problems. the school administration wasn't happy with him so he resigned. it hasn't been the same since.

Those parents and children = more millennial stuff

52 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Well, your screwed because my wife planted these just the other day and... it's not a zuchinni sprouting. 

feed_me_2_1x.jpg

It figures we'd be ended by a bunch of Audrey IIs. 

Also, I love this movie.

Additionally, have you seen the director's cut?

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Well, your screwed because my wife planted these just the other day and... it's not a zuchinni sprouting. 

feed_me_2_1x.jpg

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

IM A MEAN GREEN MOTHER FROM OUTER SPACE AND IM BAD

8 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

It figures we'd be ended by a bunch of Audrey IIs. 

Also, I love this movie.

Additionally, have you seen the director's cut?

Y'all, watch this from here in order. Talk about a completely different ending:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/31/china-hong-kong-security-law-american-citizen-exiles?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-1

China uses Hong Kong security law against US-based American citizen

Hong Kong police have issued arrest warrants for six pro-democracy activists living in exile, the first time the city’s authorities have used a sweeping new law to target campaigners living outside Hong Kong.

They include Samuel Chu, an American citizen who lives in the US, Nathan Law, a prominent campaigner who recently relocated to the UK after fleeing Hong Kong, and Simon Cheng, a former British consular staffer who was granted asylum in the UK after alleging he was tortured in China.

Chinese state media reported that the six men were wanted for “incitement to secession and collusion with foreign forces”.

“I would really emphasize how outrageous this really is,” Chu told the Guardian. “I am the first non-Chinese citizen that essentially is being targeted. I think they do intend to try to make this an example.”

Chu, who has lived in the US as an American citizen since 1996, said the charges amounted to China “targeting a US citizen for lobbying my own government”.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-security-usa-idUSKCN24W2FU

White House condemns Hong Kong's decision to delay election

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House on Friday condemned Hong Kong’s decision to postpone a Sept. 6 election for its legislature, saying it was the latest example of Beijing undermining democracy in the Chinese-ruled city.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-53562439

Ecuador on alert over huge Chinese fishing fleet off Galapagos Islands

Patrols are trying to ensure the fleet - which is made up of around 260 vessels - does not enter the delicate eco-system from international waters.

Chinese vessels travel to the region each year in search of marine species. 

In 2017, a Chinese vessel was caught in the marine reserve with 300 tonnes of wildlife, most of it sharks.

"Unchecked Chinese fishing just on the edge of the protected zone is ruining Ecuador's efforts to protect marine life in the Galápagos," he said.

President Lenin Moreno has said that Ecuador will hold consultations with other Latin American countries with a coastline on the Pacific - Colombia, Peru, Chile, Panama and Costa Rica - in order to form a joint regional position concerning the "threat".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/08/13/hong-kong-china-targeting-any-dissent-national-security-law-column/3354776001/

It's an opinion piece but there is some interesting stuff in here...

Hong Kong freedom lovers deserve global support against Chinese Communist Party's new Red Terror

Hong Kong advocates for democracy are being targeted and arrested as China seeks to stamp out dissent.

The dramatic arrest of Hong Kong media tycoon Jimmy Lai and the invasive raid of Apple Daily, the pro-democracy newspaper he founded, this week signals the start of a new Red Terror for the formerly free city. 

It is worth noting that Jimmy Lai, Agnes Chow and Martin Lee are all devout Roman Catholics. In the past, the Vatican has acted as a stalwart advocate for the human rights of all people. Yet, faced with Beijing’s assault on Hong Kong and the many religious freedom concerns that come with it, Pope Francis remains noticeably silent.

In 2018, the Vatican reached an agreement with Beijing allowing the Chinese government to nominate bishops. The text of the agreement was never released, and the Vatican has declined to criticize the many human rights violations since then. Rather than champion freedom, the Vatican’s silence now sends the signal to oppressive regimes around the world that it is willing to tolerate violations of human rights and religious freedom.