• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arizona or bust?

DMVol

21 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

A) I personally don't give two shits about college football.

Dungeons and Dragons all the wayyyyyz amirite???

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

I home run off of Cahill counts just like a home run off of Maddux.  

You couldn’t hit a ball if it was placed on a tee for you

1 minute ago, CanadianHalo said:

Dungeons and Dragons all the wayyyyyz amirite???

You couldn’t hit a ball if it was placed on a tee for you

Yea you go with that.  Just another really dumb thing you’ve said.  Not your dumbest but dumb none the less.  

11 hours ago, RendZone said:

Yes they would. Players hitting 30-40 home runs in hot air Arizona in front of zero fans in those quiet no pressure stadiums makes a huge difference. Hopefully there will not be any MLB games played out of desperation in those stadiums that will be counted as regular season games. 

Who gives a shit?

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They are guaranteed their service time according to the agreement they came to regarding this season. 

I heard that as well. And it makes sense for the guys who are already in the league and established. How is it gonna work for the guys that have been up and down a few times, or the guys that maybe got a late callup last year and could've made a major league roster this year? The standard rule is 172 days I believe for a year of service time. So what happens to the guys who get that weird 50-ish days a year normally, or the guy that got 20 days last year? Do they all get the full year of service time for this season?

On 4/14/2020 at 8:10 AM, RendZone said:

Very simple. The baseball travels much farther in warm air than cold air. 

So every regular season game with the wind blowing out have stats that don't count?  Games in Yamkee Stadium dont count?

If its during the official regular season they should count.

Edited by stormngt

2 hours ago, Don said:

I heard that as well. And it makes sense for the guys who are already in the league and established. How is it gonna work for the guys that have been up and down a few times, or the guys that maybe got a late callup last year and could've made a major league roster this year? The standard rule is 172 days I believe for a year of service time. So what happens to the guys who get that weird 50-ish days a year normally, or the guy that got 20 days last year? Do they all get the full year of service time for this season?

I believe their service time for 2020 would be identical to what they accumulated in 2019. 

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

So every regular season game with the wind blowing out have stats that dint count?  Games in Yamkee Stadium dont count?

If its during the official regular season they should count.

Yep it’s a dumb idea.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/lifestyle/mike-trout-ml-bs-proposed-plan-for-a-quarantined-season-has-red-flags-191508202.html

Has anyone in this thread brought up what happens when a player gets sick or injured as far as finding a replacement? Teams use 60+ players during a season. Are we going to have reserves in the quarantine hotels? How are guys who aren't on the 26 man roster going to stay sharp without minor league games? 

The more you think about this plan the dumber it gets.

22 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

Has anyone in this thread brought up what happens when a player gets sick or injured as far as finding a replacement? Teams use 60+ players during a season. Are we going to have reserves in the quarantine hotels? How are guys who aren't on the 26 man roster going to stay sharp without minor league games? 

I remember hearing Ken Rosenthal say that the league was considering expanding rosters to 50 players as part of this plan. Which creates a whole bunch of ancillary issues of course. Number one, you basically double the number of players you have to quarantine, in addition to all the staff, support crew, production people, stadium workers, hotel workers, etc... Number two,  this idea kind of screws over a good chunk of most teams' AAA and AA rosters, as it robs a lot of those guys of regular day to day playing time against similar competition (unless they create their own little AZ/FLA AAA league, which just kinda doubles problem number one again. Though I'm sure most minor league guys would gladly take a shot at a bit of MLB playing time. Number three, that could change in game strategy quite a bit in terms of pitcher/sub usage and matchups, which maybe isn't a terrible thing, but it still changes the game quite a bit.

I still stand by the opinion that the first time we'll be able to make this work in a way that is fair, safe, and reasonable for everyone involved is about the same time that we'll be allowed to go to games with five figure crowds everywhere throughout the country. I really hope that's sooner than we think right now, but I don't think it looks good for this year. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, what’s dumb is you calling the stats phony and calling them glorified exhibition games. That’s what is dumb. 

When you choose to play games with no fans in 100+ degree temperature stadiums,  it’s out of desperation. The stats will certainly get skewed with players needing more days off and having to leave games early due to heat. Pitchers won’t be able to pitch deep into games so hitters will get opportunities to hit against a lot of relievers. These games will not be the same. Please promise to spare me the excuses if they do play and we miss the playoffs again. 

23 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

But there are those desperate fans that are willing to authenticate this as a normal regular season.