• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The first reported "Best shape of my life" related ST news

Chuck

1 minute ago, failos said:

Cozart was healthy until the last couple seasons. Would you say he's not injury prone as well?

Cozart had a much more extensive injury history than Upton, that is comparing apples to oranges.

Honestly you are digging your own hole here failos, Justin was signed because he was durable!!!! Why do you think they picked up Bundy and Teheran? They are trying to get reliable, steady production and avoid health issues which have plagued the team, particularly on the pitching side.

Just now, ettin said:

Cozart had a much more extensive injury history than Upton, that is comparing apples to oranges.

Honestly you are digging your own hole here failos, Justin was signed because he was durable!!!! Why do you think they picked up Bundy and Teheran? They are trying to get reliable, steady production and avoid health issues which have plagued the team, particularly on the pitching side.

Look, I'm not rooting against the guy and I understand your point. I am just concerned about his health moving forward, that's all. 

16 minutes ago, failos said:

Cozart was healthy until the last couple seasons. Would you say he's not injury prone as well?

Zack Cozart?  Dude managed to play more than 122 games in a season three times in his eight full seasons.  Upton went 10 years playing at least 133 games a year, including 8 straight where he played in 145+ games.   I get the point you're trying to make but Cozart was a bad example, he was in fact considered kinda injury prone.

7 hours ago, True Grich said:

I'm going to need access to everyone's SS# in order to do that. 

Also... when I say "we" - I don't necessarily even  mean me as a  part of the "we."  It's just banter. It's complicated. Oh hell, just forget I ever said it.

We are not amused.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:23 PM, failos said:

Goodwin >>>>>>> Uptoe

Goodwin, 28,  has been a replacement level player except for a 2.1 WAR in 2019.   His average WAR over five seasons is .46.  

Upton, 31, has averaged 2.4 WAR over 14 seasons (2.8 if you throw out his injury shortened seasons of 2017 and 2019).  

So, it really hasn't been a contest.      

8 hours ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Goodwin, 28,  has been a replacement level player except for a 2.1 WAR in 2019.   His average WAR over five seasons is .46.  

Upton, 31, has averaged 2.4 WAR over 14 seasons (2.8 if you throw out his injury shortened seasons of 2017 and 2019).  

So, it really hasn't been a contest.      

It's not. Goodwin had a ridiculous month, really. He was a great replacement for Upton last year but anyone who says he's better going forward is a troll or an idiot.

Upton has been one of the most consistent players over his career, both talent wise and health wise. If his health is an ongoing problem, that definitely sucks. But we have no indication it will be. 

Even with his issues last year, he was still on pace for 30 HR and 100 RBI.