• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The first reported "Best shape of my life" related ST news

Chuck

40 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Just because you have an opinion doesn’t discredit him as a player. He was great in 2018, 2019 was injury riddled. 

literally no reason to have no faith in him 

Great? He had a 808 ops. I’d say he was good but definitely wouldn’t classify him as great in 2018. He’s had a good career bounced around a bit. I’m skeptical of this upcoming year mostly because I don’t like over 30 year olds after getting injured. Hopefully he rebounds this year. And if he does it’ll be a huge plus for this team. I’m 60/40 he has another 800 plus ops year. 

7 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Great? He had a 808 ops. I’d say he was good but definitely wouldn’t classify him as great in 2018. He’s had a good career bounced around a bit. I’m skeptical of this upcoming year mostly because I don’t like over 30 year olds after getting injured. Hopefully he rebounds this year. And if he does it’ll be a huge plus for this team. I’m 60/40 he has another 800 plus ops year. 

Yeah that was great production for LF compared to the shit we have had our there for years... it’s was leaps and bounds better. 

16 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Yeah that was great production for LF compared to the shit we have had our there for years... it’s was leaps and bounds better. 

It was better. But just because it’s better than what we’ve had doesn’t make it great. It was good. Our pitching is much better going into this year than it was last year. Doesn’t make it great. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

An .808 OPS while playing in Angels Stadium for 81 games...

That .808 translated to a 121 OPS+. Had his home park been Coors Field instead of Anaheim the raw OPS would have been significantly higher.  As an example, Blackmon's OPS+ in 2019 came in at 123, his raw OPS was .940

Ohtani's OPS+ last year was also 123... His OPS was .848.   

Raw numbers tell us very little.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

An .808 OPS while playing in Angels Stadium for 81 games...

That .808 translated to a 121 OPS+. Had his home park been Coors Field instead of Anaheim the raw OPS would have been significantly higher.  As an example, Blackmon's OPS+ in 2019 came in at 123, his raw OPS was .940

Ohtani's OPS+ last year was also 123... His OPS was .848.   

Raw numbers tell us very little.

Is rOPS a new stat?