• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ve never at any point said that the vaccine completely prevented COVID-19 or the ability to spread it.  It does do a lot of help with reducing transmission and it dramatically helps with actual illness for those do end up with break through infections.  No need for us to argue about this. 

I wasn't but it appears you wanted to. 

8 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s always the same with you guys.  Rights start with me and end with you.  All of you people have been vaccinated against various illnesses.  Being vaccinated is the most minuscule concession that you could possibly make for your community and even that is too much.   It’s all culture war bullshit.     The monoculture is completely broken. 

my brother isn't getting the vaccine until we know better of the long term effects from it, if there are any. i know others who feel the same way. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the vaccine has only temporary emergency approval from the FDA (or whoever it is that governs such things). i understand people wanting to wait until there's more information out there about any of the vaccines currently in use and what the long term effects might be.

i've come across several people on twitter who are adamantly in the "hell no! i'm never going to take it!" camp. too extreme for me.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

my brother isn't getting the vaccine until we know better of the long term effects from it, if there are any. i know others who feel the same way. correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the vaccine has only temporary emergency approval from the FDA (or whoever it is that governs such things). i understand people wanting to wait until there's more information out there about any of the vaccines currently in use and what the long term effects might be.

i've come across several people on twitter who are adamantly in the "hell no! i'm never going to take it!" camp. too extreme for me.

Sure, we don't know what possible negative long-term effects there may be with the vaccines.  If there is any at all.  But we do know the virus fucks up the body in many ways.  

The known long-term effects of COVID are not something I'm willing to gamble with.

6 hours ago, Tank said:

This is fair.

I just talked to a girl (mid 30’s)that owns and operates a local Mexican restaurant near where I live. She had Covid last year and was just mildly sick. Now her lungs aren’t functioning like they’re supposed to and she may need a lung transplant. Holy shit! I’m glad I took my chances with a vaccine

10 hours ago, Rico said:

Sure, we don't know what possible negative long-term effects there may be with the vaccines.  If there is any at all.  But we do know the virus fucks up the body in many ways.  

The known long-term effects of COVID are not something I'm willing to gamble with.

Holy crap! Rico and I are 100% on the same page on a topic here

14 hours ago, Rico said:

Valid argument for people over 40. However the young folks are risking unknown side effects when the virus wont harm them

I think the same be said for the vaccine. All I’m saying is a young person has a more difficult decision to make than old folks. We shouldn’t force their hand because we are old

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

How do you know younger people won't suffer long term side effects?

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

I know you admire my unapologetic Christian conservative values. Values I’m sure you have. Sometimes the deep water is frightening but you have to shed the water wings and jump in 

This isn't about values. It's about your lack of understanding of the subject. But go ahead on believing you have all you need to know by leaning on your childhood confirmation and communion wafer point of view.

14 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This isn't about values. It's about your lack of understanding of the subject. But go ahead on believing you have all you need to know by leaning on your childhood confirmation and communion wafer point of view.

On 1/20/2020 at 8:25 AM, Blarg said:

This is paranoia on your part fed by media that is hoping for an international plague so they can write about it.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:55 AM, Blarg said:

200 confirmed cases in a country of billions. This is not an epidemic. 

Sorry Blarg, I just love the first page of this thread so much. 

Well, I’m not catholic. Child like faith defines Christianity. I can’t prove but I choose to believe in the Bible. Biblical knowledge goes a long ways in life. Don’t take this the wrong way but some believers compromise  more than others. Charles Darwin, Fauci and his followers will never shout me into submission. Ultimately I’m going to die but not until the Lord above decides it’s my time. That doesn’t mean I jump in front of a train but I don’t live in fear of a virus.