• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

Bills planned Friday would set up virus 'origins’ panel, let US victims’ families sue Beijing

U.S. House members plan to introduce two bipartisan bills Friday that address the origins of the coronavirus pandemic and would allow victims' families to sue China

The first bill, the "Made in America Emergency Preparedness Act," would establish a 9/11-style bipartisan commission to investigate how the pandemic started. It is being introduced by five Democrats and five Republicans. 

The second bill, dubbed the "Never Again International Outbreak Prevention Act," calls for allowing families of coronavirus victims to sue China by stripping sovereign immunity from it and any other countries "that have intentionally misled the international community on the outbreak." It will be introduced by U.S. Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., and Conor Lamb, D-Pa.

"In response to this current crisis, we must never again find ourselves caught off-guard, unable to protect our communities," a press release announcing the first bill says. "We should never again see nearly 600,000 American lives lost at risk and day to day life turned upside down." 

Along with investigating the origin of the virus, the panel proposed by the first bill would also look into the response by the U.S. government and the private sector and determine precautionary steps to take for the future.

The commission would recommend to President Biden what personal protective equipment and other goods would be necessary to address a national emergency, requiring the items to be manufactured in the U.S. 

Second bill

The second bill calls for stripping sovereign immunity from China and any other countries "that have intentionally misled the international community on the outbreak" – thus allowing virus victims' families to seek restitution in court.

"As we have seen from COVID-19, the Chinese Communist Party has been intentionally and maliciously misleading the rest of the world about the scope and spread of the novel coronavirus," Fitzpatrick said. 

He added that other international organizations like the WHO must be held accountable for their "inaction" on the pandemic.

"Congress needs to act now to ensure there are consequences for international players who behave like China did during the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak," Lamb said in a statement. 

The bill would also launch an investigation into the WHO’s response and require foreign nations to put systems for reporting future outbreaks into place. 

On 2/23/2021 at 7:38 PM, UndertheHalo said:

The virus emerging from a China lab shit.  Other than very dumb right wing assholes who is saying this ? Why does this story persist ? 

it seems to me much, much more likely that like basically all virus’s this one just mutated and emerged.  As virus’s are wont to do. 

lulz

4 hours ago, Redondo said:

Bills planned Friday would set up virus 'origins’ panel, let US victims’ families sue Beijing

U.S. House members plan to introduce two bipartisan bills Friday that address the origins of the coronavirus pandemic and would allow victims' families to sue China

The first bill, the "Made in America Emergency Preparedness Act," would establish a 9/11-style bipartisan commission to investigate how the pandemic started. It is being introduced by five Democrats and five Republicans. 

The second bill, dubbed the "Never Again International Outbreak Prevention Act," calls for allowing families of coronavirus victims to sue China by stripping sovereign immunity from it and any other countries "that have intentionally misled the international community on the outbreak." It will be introduced by U.S. Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick, R-Pa., and Conor Lamb, D-Pa.

"In response to this current crisis, we must never again find ourselves caught off-guard, unable to protect our communities," a press release announcing the first bill says. "We should never again see nearly 600,000 American lives lost at risk and day to day life turned upside down." 

Along with investigating the origin of the virus, the panel proposed by the first bill would also look into the response by the U.S. government and the private sector and determine precautionary steps to take for the future.

The commission would recommend to President Biden what personal protective equipment and other goods would be necessary to address a national emergency, requiring the items to be manufactured in the U.S. 

Second bill

The second bill calls for stripping sovereign immunity from China and any other countries "that have intentionally misled the international community on the outbreak" – thus allowing virus victims' families to seek restitution in court.

"As we have seen from COVID-19, the Chinese Communist Party has been intentionally and maliciously misleading the rest of the world about the scope and spread of the novel coronavirus," Fitzpatrick said. 

He added that other international organizations like the WHO must be held accountable for their "inaction" on the pandemic.

"Congress needs to act now to ensure there are consequences for international players who behave like China did during the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak," Lamb said in a statement. 

The bill would also launch an investigation into the WHO’s response and require foreign nations to put systems for reporting future outbreaks into place. 

The first one is good.  

The second one may backfire spectacularly for the US.  You could then have foreign and possibly domestics sue NY for intentionally misleading the public at the beginning of the outbreak for anyone that died in a nursing home.  In other words, good luck collecting from China.  But the US would be ripe pickings.

On 5/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, Blarg said:

This is a very long read but outlines all possibilities of the original sourcing of Covid-19 through the science of how virus naturally and lab mutate.

https://www.todayville.com/former-ny-times-science-writer-says-all-the-evidence-available-on-the-origin-of-covid-leads-in-the-same-direction/

I posted this weeks ago and I bet none of you read it. @Under_The_Halo it outlines all of the possible causes for the virus outbreak and origin and why it scientifically cannot be natural mutation. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I posted this weeks ago and I bet none of you read it. @Under_The_Halo it outlines all of the possible causes for the virus outbreak and origin and why it scientifically cannot be natural mutation. 

I’m not a scientist and I don’t pretend to be one.  I know that for many years people have been warning about a corona virus becoming a problem.  So that this happened doesn’t seem that spectacularly unlikely to me.  I am extremely skeptical about the back and forth on the created in the lab stuff.  To me the origin of that idea was crank conspiracy shit online.  That’s where the lab stuff first started percolating.  So obviously something to be skeptical of.  I don’t trust anything any of these assholes who obviously have much to gain by stirring up dumb nationalist grievance say.  I didn’t with the Republicans and I’m not with the Democrats.  Anyway I’ll read it.  Apparently this author thinks that there is some evidence in the virus itself that indicates it’s not natural ? Ok.  Not that I’d be able to tell one way or the other. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

It's kind of funny that you actually trust them. 

It’s not a matter of trust.  It’s a great power competing to acquire more global influence and power.  As great powers do. As the United States does.  I think if you want to talk about which state has been involved in visiting violence on others the US is far, far, far more untrustworthy than the Chinese state.  But that’s neither here nor there and it’s not reason why I doubt the lab idea.  I doubt it because it’s doesn’t really make a lot of sense on its face.  China, which benefits greatly from the globalized economy wants to crash it ? To what end ? It’s going to unleash this plague on its own population ? Again, to what end ? And since I responded to Blarg I went and looked around and it still looks like despite Biden suddenly wanting the CIA (laff) on this  - it seems that most people who know about these things still seem to think that natural occurrence is the far more likely explanation.  Sorry, my doubt about the internet cranks blaming  China theories seems justified to me.  

but look, I don’t know for sure.  Maybe it was out of some lab.  Maybe it was some diabolical Chinese scheme.  I’ve never said that was impossible.  I just said it seems unlikely.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

54 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s not a matter of trust.  It’s a great power competing to acquire more global influence and power.  As great powers do. As the United States does.  I think if you want to talk about which state has been involved in visiting violence on others the US is far, far, far more untrustworthy than the Chinese state.  But that’s neither here nor there and it’s not reason why I doubt the lab idea.  I doubt it because it’s doesn’t really make a lot of sense on its face.  China, which benefits greatly from the globalized economy wants to crash it ? To what end ? It’s going to unleash this plague on its own population ? Again, to what end ? And since I responded to Blarg I went and looked around and it still looks like despite Biden suddenly wanting the CIA (laff) on this  - it seems that most people who know about these things still seem to think that natural occurrence is the far more likely explanation.  Sorry, my doubt about the internet cranks blaming  China theories seems justified to me.  

but look, I don’t know for sure.  Maybe it was out of some lab.  Maybe it was some diabolical Chinese scheme.  I’ve never said that was impossible.  I just said it seems unlikely.  

The CCP would release a plague on its own citizens if it benefited them