• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

So one of my staff had Covid in November and got rather sick but did not need hospitalization. Earlier today I farted in my office and it was rather pungent. Of course he walked in about 5 seconds after and I figured I had to just claim it. He didn’t smell it as he has never regained his sense of smell. It would suck to to lose that sense because of stupid Covid 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

So one of my staff had Covid in November and got rather sick but did not need hospitalization. Earlier today I farted in my office and it was rather pungent. Of course he walked in about 5 seconds after and I figured I had to just claim it. He didn’t smell it as he has never regained his sense of smell. It would suck to to lose that sense because of stupid Covid 

Maybe he was just trying to be polite.

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Maybe he was just trying to be polite.

I don't think so as there was no way someone could have kept a straight face unless they honestly didn't smell it. It was bad enough it bothered me and I'm usually fine with my own brand. I owned up to it before we discussed work related stuff and he told me he still can't smell. Nobody visits my office for hours and they walk in as soon as it happens. Murphy's Law at it's finest. I've heard Covid affects taste and smell but I didn't think it could affect it this long. The vaccine risk is worth not catching this

Just now, Jason said:

I don't think so as there was no way someone could have kept a straight face unless they honestly didn't smell it. It was bad enough it bothered me and I'm usually fine with my own brand. I owned up to it before we discussed work related stuff and he told me he still can't smell. Nobody visits my office for hours and they walk in as soon as it happens. Murphy's Law at it's finest. I've heard Covid affects taste and smell but I didn't think it could affect it this long. The vaccine risk is worth not catching this

So you're saying potent flatulence might be the key to getting society to take COVID seriously. Interesting.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

i have a wax melter in my classroom for this very reason.

36 minutes ago, Jason said:

We're seeing people with all sorts of garbage after COVID infection. It's certainly not anywhere close to being a huge number, but it's crappy stuff. Circulation issues leading to infections and amputation have popped up a few times on our unit. Sometimes it's just a random grab bag of shit. A lot of people have lingering respiratory issues. It's not a normal flu, for sure.

46 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

We're seeing people with all sorts of garbage after COVID infection. It's certainly not anywhere close to being a huge number, but it's crappy stuff. Circulation issues leading to infections and amputation have popped up a few times on our unit. Sometimes it's just a random grab bag of shit. A lot of people have lingering respiratory issues. It's not a normal flu, for sure.

My wife read an article yesterday about a connection between Covid and diabetes.  Like people are getting diabetes after having Covid 

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

My wife read an article yesterday about a connection between Covid and diabetes.  Like people are getting diabetes after having Covid 

Not surprising.  I’ve read that diabetes can be onset by all kinds of stresses on the body.  Sort of like a last straw kind of thing. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

According to the CDC 1 in 3 US adults is prediabetic having higher than normal blood sugar and over 80% don't know it.  I'll guess than 99%+ of the people who end up with diabetes after getting COVID were prediabetic before.  It unfortunate but too many adults were already on their way to possibly developing type 2 diabetes before COVID so it's just the the last straw as mentioned.    

23 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

According to the CDC 1 in 3 US adults is prediabetic having higher than normal blood sugar and over 80% don't know it.  I'll guess than 99%+ of the people who end up with diabetes after getting COVID were prediabetic before.  It unfortunate but too many adults were already on their way to possibly developing type 2 diabetes before COVID so it's just the the last straw as mentioned.    

What percentage of those who are pre-diabetic develop type 2 diabetes?

40 minutes ago, Lou said:

What percentage of those who are pre-diabetic develop type 2 diabetes?

https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf

According to the most recent CDC data 90%+ of the 34.1M people with diabetes in the US have type 2 and there were 1.5M new cases of diabetes which infers at least 1.35M of them developed type 2. The CDC says roughly 88M adults are prediabetic so based on the ~1.35M who developed type 2 diabetes in the most recent year they have data on about 1.5% in 2021 will develop type 2 diabetes.  I think the more important question is long term of the 88M that are currently prediabetic how many will end up developing type 2 diabetes and will the prevalence of diabetes increase or decrease?  Unfortunately in the US and across the world the prevalence of diabetes continues to rise https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/diabetes

In case you were wondering yes I was bored enough to search to try to answer your question. I’m assuming that people who develop type 2 were prediabetic. Perhaps Rally or someone else in the medical field can give better insight. I think you said someone in your family was type 1 but could be confusing posters. 

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

F'ing In-n-Out

37 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pdfs/data/statistics/national-diabetes-statistics-report.pdf

According to the most recent CDC data 90%+ of the 34.1M people with diabetes in the US have type 2 and there were 1.5M new cases of diabetes which infers at least 1.35M of them developed type 2. The CDC says roughly 88M adults are prediabetic so based on the ~1.35M who developed type 2 diabetes in the most recent year they have data on about 1.5% in 2021 will develop type 2 diabetes.  I think the more important question is long term of the 88M that are currently prediabetic how many will end up developing type 2 diabetes and will the prevalence of diabetes increase or decrease?  Unfortunately in the US and across the world the prevalence of diabetes continues to rise https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/diabetes

In case you were wondering yes I was bored enough to search to try to answer your question. I’m assuming that people who develop type 2 were prediabetic. Perhaps Rally or someone else in the medical field can give better insight. I think you said someone in your family was type 1 but could be confusing posters. 

I appreciate your effort.

And your boredom.

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Give me some time here, but more or less... yeah.