• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

Kathy Griffin suggests Trump should take syringe with 'nothing but air'

"Syringe with nothing but air inside it would do the trick. F--- TRUMP," the comedian reacted.

The Examiner pointed out that "in medical procedures, air accidentally injected into the body's bloodstream through syringes or IVs can cause air embolisms, which can be fatal."

Griffin later doubled down on her tweet, responding to a tweet from the Examiner that noted that the injection of an air-filled syringe could be "fatal."

"I SURE DID, F---ER. #TrumpLiedPeopleDied," Griffin wrote.

i guess she didn't alienate enough people with her previous anti-trump stunt after he was elected. good for you, kathy, keep fighting the fight.

9 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I fully support any business owner's decision to make me wear a mask in his store. I don't shop at those stores. I also, support a business owners right to allow smoking but many cities do not. A few in here are supporting those ladies threatening the lady without the mask.  imagine when the angry store mob gets to knock on your door and collect your  ballot to save the country from Trump. 

Haha.  Ok.  

9 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

My mom just got checked into the hospital for possible Coronavirus.

Hope you guys had a great time at the beach.

I pray your mother is fine and has no complications. 

I will not be manipulated however, so don't even try here. I had a great time on the beach, in a packed church on Sunday and at a restaurant and bar here complying with the local laws. 

I wear a mask in stores or when it's required out of respect, BUT science has proven masks don't do shit. 

The rate of contracting this virus is mostly indoors and from touching objects/surfaces and then touching your face. 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I pray your mother is fine and has no complications. 

I will not be manipulated however, so don't even try here. I had a great time on the beach, in a packed church on Sunday and at a restaurant and bar here complying with the local laws. 

I wear a mask in stores or when it's required out of respect, BUT science has proven masks don't do shit. 

The rate of contracting this virus is mostly indoors and from touching objects/surfaces and then touching your face. 

I'm sure the Doctors will take everything you said into account. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm sure the Doctors will take everything you said into account. 

You missed the first part about how I care about your mom and hope she's OK. I've said it over and over that we need to care for our elderly folks. 

Doctors and scientists are the ones saying this. A face mask should be worn when in tight courters with other strangers, I get it and I do it. 

Coronavirus: should everyone be wearing face masks?

The World Health Organization (WHO) guidance on face masks has remained consistent during the coronavirus pandemic. It has stuck to the line that masks are for healthcare workers – not the public. 

“Wearing a medical mask is one of the prevention measures that can limit the spread of certain respiratory viral diseases, including Covid-19. However, the use of a mask alone is insufficient to provide an adequate level of protection, and other measures should also be adopted,” the WHO has stated.

There is no robust scientific evidence – in the form of trials – that ordinary masks block the virus from infecting people who wear them. There is also concerns the public will not understand how to use a mask properly, and may get infected if they come into contact with the virus when they take it off and then touch their faces.

I thought it has been well-known for a while that wearing a mask doesn't prevent the wearer from getting Covid. It's meant to protect other people.

So if two people cross paths who are both wearing masks, the possibility of a spread seems like it would be significantly reduced. 

It's not a cure, or a solution. But it's better than absolutely nothing.

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I thought it has been well-known for a while that wearing a mask doesn't prevent the wearer from getting Covid. It's meant to protect other people.

So if two people cross paths who are both wearing masks, the possibility of a spread seems like it would be significantly reduced. 

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Can face masks help prevent the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the disease.

So why weren't face masks recommended at the start of the pandemic? At that time, experts didn't yet know the extent to which people with COVID-19 could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have COVID-19 but don't have any symptoms. Both groups can unknowingly spread the virus to others.

These discoveries led the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to do an about-face on face masks. The CDC updated its guidance to recommend widespread use of simple cloth face coverings to help prevent transmission of COVID-19 by people who have the virus but don't know it.

Some public health groups argue that masks should be reserved for health care providers and point to the critical shortage of surgical masks and N95 masks. The CDC acknowledged this concern when it recommended cloth masks for the public and not the surgical and N95 masks needed by health care providers.

7 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I agree with this and that's why I wear one. I fucking hate wearing it though 

Just now, tdawg87 said:

I do too. It sucks. It smells and I can't breathe. But if it prevents someone from getting this shit then it's been worth it.

I also am required to wear it at work, for understandable reasons.

I'm required too and I can I suggest carrying mints in your pocket to counter act your breath? It actually works