• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Astros punishments: suspensions, firings, team gets over, everyone is pissed.

mmc

3 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Do you not see the issue?   Of course you don't

The issue with being able to hire new people? The team and the people in charge got their punishment. It is over and done with move on... and the team did so with two new employees. You may or may not have liked the punishment but there is nothing else the league is going to do. Onto the next season it is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

The issue with being able to hire new people? The team and the people in charge got their punishment. It is over and done with move on... and the team did so with two new employees. You may or may not have liked the punishment but there is nothing else the league is going to do. Onto the next season it is what it is. 

Grats...  you said nothing I'm not already aware of while missing the point/obvious as per usual..   The Astros as an organization got over.    MLB let them so, it is what it is.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

Grats...  you said nothing I'm not already aware of while missing the point/obvious as per usual..   The Astros as an organization got over.    MLB let them so, it is what it is.

Sorry I guess I just don't get keep harping on this. The team got dealt with. It is over with. Did you really think the Astros weren't going to be allowed to have a GM or Manager going forward. Did you think that MLB was just going to let them play with 3 men on the field instead of 9? I guess you can continue to be upset about it, but there's nothing more that is going to happen. The future in the division is now, and the Angels are going to win the division. 

22 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don’t know, there were probably significant costs billed to HR for the LinkedIn posting and subsequent paperwork.

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Sorry I guess I just don't get keep harping on this. The team got dealt with. It is over with. Did you really think the Astros weren't going to be allowed to have a GM or Manager going forward. Did you think that MLB was just going to let them play with 3 men on the field instead of 9? I guess you can continue to be upset about it, but there's nothing more that is going to happen. The future in the division is now, and the Angels are going to win the division. 

You don't get it -- but here you are harping on it, wasting time and energy spewing talking points and rebuttals to things nobody has said.   

It's an easy thread to skip, you might want to try it.   

10 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

You don't get it -- but here you are harping on it, wasting time and energy spewing talking points, and  rebuttals to things nobody has said.   

It's an easy thread to skip, you might want to try it.   

See you when the baseball season starts. 

36 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Dark Arts’ and ‘Codebreaker’: The Origins of the Houston Astros Cheating Scheme

https://www.wsj.com/articles/houston-astros-cheating-scheme-dark-arts-codebreaker-11581112994

On Sept. 22, 2016, an intern in the Houston Astros organization showed general manager Jeff Luhnow a PowerPoint presentation that featured the latest creation by the team’s high-tech front office: an Excel-based application programmed with an algorithm that could decode the opposing catchers’ signs. It was called “Codebreaker.”

versus what that c-sucker said when he got fired:

"I did not know rules were being broken. ... The sign-stealing initiative was not planned or directed by baseball management; the trash-can banging was driven and executed by players, and the video decoding of signs originated and was executed by lower-level employees working with the bench coach.

1 minute ago, yk9001 said:

On Sept. 22, 2016, an intern in the Houston Astros organization showed general manager Jeff Luhnow a PowerPoint presentation that featured the latest creation by the team’s high-tech front office: an Excel-based application programmed with an algorithm that could decode the opposing catchers’ signs. It was called “Codebreaker.”

versus what that c-sucker said when he got fired:

"I did not know rules were being broken. ... The sign-stealing initiative was not planned or directed by baseball management; the trash-can banging was driven and executed by players, and the video decoding of signs originated and was executed by lower-level employees working with the bench coach.

Code breaking, even by digital means, is not necessarily illegal, and even if it is it definitely not enforceable. Real time use of electronics in-game to decode signs and relay them immediately or as soon as possible to players is what the rules explicitly prohibit. 

Luhnow’s claim is he believed the system was used for preparation purposes. He’s full of crap, but what you’ve quoted above there was not itself the issue. 

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

Code breaking, even by digital means, is not necessarily illegal, and even if it is it definitely not enforceable. Real time use of electronics in-game to decode signs and relay them immediately or as soon as possible to players is what the rules explicitly prohibit. 

Luhnow’s claim is he believed the system was used for preparation purposes. He’s full of crap, but what you’ve quoted above there was not itself the issue. 

Since I only get the dead tree version of the WSJ, I will have to wait until monday to see what the rest of the article says....

13 minutes ago, True Grich said:

“I regret so much about that and it’s so complicated and so deep and there are parts that are hard to talk about but taking responsibility as the manager … it happened on my watch. I’m not proud of that. I’ll never be proud of it. I didn’t like it. But I have to own it because I was in a leadership position. And the commissioner’s office made it very, very clear that the GM and the manager were in position to make sure nothing like this happened—and we fell short.”

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Hinch has gone further than anyone else associated with the Astros towards an actual apology and for taking responsibility. Yes, there are holes in his statements - but he did take responsibility, which is more than we can say for the rest of the organization.

He is the only one also who showed a modicum of embarrassment about the locker room incident started by the asswipe Taubman.  

He actually seems human.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

I love it when an apology has holes in it

Holes in his statement about whether or not they used buzzers... not holes in his apology.

Edited by True Grich