• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Answer these questions (this will take some time)

Regarding #9, I have an extremely difficult time believing that Moreno would be okay with benching 29 million dollars. Factor in another 30 million next year and I see Pujols playing almost everyday as long as he is healthy. It doesn't matter the what the Angels record is IMO. 

12 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Regarding #9, I have an extremely difficult time believing that Moreno would be okay with benching 29 million dollars. Factor in another 30 million next year and I see Pujols playing almost everyday as long as he is healthy. It doesn't matter the what the Angels record is IMO. 

It would like an ordinary person paying for cable tv or stadium parking for @Lou

12 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

Moreno understands a sunk cost. You do not. Seriously, this is an unbelievably ignorant opinion. You should really stop saying it. Anyone who knows jack about economics knows this is ridiculous. Just because you've spent the money doesn’t mean you compound the problem by doubling down on it. 

Basically, this is like saying, ‘the milk went bad but I’m gonna finish it anyway to make sure I get my money’s worth’.

I know, let’s just lose because Pujols is owed 30 million! Who gives a crap about winnng? At least we’re using what I’ve spent a high percentage of my money on! Gotta make sure we get Pujols 600 at bats since he’s getting paid 30 million. Who knows what might happen if we just...y’know, benched him. 

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

I know, let’s just lose because Pujols is owed 30 million! Who gives a crap about winnng? At least we’re using what I’ve spent a high percentage of my money on! Gotta make sure we get Pujols 600 at bats since he’s getting paid 30 million. Who knows what might happen if we just...y’know, benched him. 

who said that? nobody here

and obviously not Arte, because as we all know, he understands sunked costs.

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

giphy.gif

To be fair, I think more people in here want Pujols the fuck out of the line up rather than in it, regardless of what he is owed. I wanted him out 3 years ago and we’re still sipping the milk. It taste like shit.

4 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

To be fair, I think more people in here want Pujols the fuck out of the line up rather than in it, regardless of what he is owed. I wanted him out 3 years ago and we’re still sipping the milk. It taste like shit.

PB apparently doesn't understand the difference between someone saying what will most likely occur and what they want to occur. 

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

You don’t understand what I said. He claimed that’s what Moreno thinks. I pointed out the stupidity of that notion. 

Pujols hasn't been benched. therefore, Moreno obviously doesn't understand the concept of a sunk cost 

Oh and also the we've had no one better to replace Pujols with posts, how are you supposed to see what you have if you keep playing Pujols? How are guys like Thaiss and whomever else that can man 1st supposed to get into a regular groove when Pujols is mostly starting all the games? Pujols played in 131 games last year. That's great if you want to tank but that's not what was happening. The team was trying to win. He put up a .4 bWAR. You honestly think a full year of Thaiss or whomever else couldn't get at least a 1.0 bWAR or better? I really hope these next 2 years he plays less and less.

Are there people here that think Arte will go the Yankees route and just release Pujols and still have to pay him all that money? The Yankees paid Arod 40 million to go away. Will Moreno pay even more for Pujols to go away? Does he still get a lot of playing time this year and then Moreno just pays Pujols 30 million to not play at all in 2021? I just don't see that happening. I think Arte is still in love with Pujols despite the all the years of evidence that he should have been playing less and less and hitting lower and lower.

30 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Oh and also the we've had no one better to replace Pujols with posts, how are you supposed to see what you have if you keep playing Pujols? How are guys like Thaiss and whomever else that can man 1st supposed to get into a regular groove when Pujols is mostly starting all the games? Pujols played in 131 games last year. That's great if you want to tank but that's not what was happening. The team was trying to win. He put up a .4 bWAR. You honestly think a full year of Thaiss or whomever else couldn't get at least a 1.0 bWAR or better? I really hope these next 2 years he plays less and less.

Are there people here that think Arte will go the Yankees route and just release Pujols and still have to pay him all that money? The Yankees paid Arod 40 million to go away. Will Moreno pay even more for Pujols to go away? Does he still get a lot of playing time this year and then Moreno just pays Pujols 30 million to not play at all in 2021? I just don't see that happening. I think Arte is still in love with Pujols despite the all the years of evidence that he should have been playing less and less and hitting lower and lower.

Arte paid Hamilton $63 million to go away.

• 1 month later...