• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adell for ROY?

Hubs

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

The last time I saw this kind of hype and hypothetical talk was when we had a guy coming through the ranks named Brandon Wood.

Last time I heard this type of hype it was Mike Trout.  My guess is that Addell falls somewhere in between Trout and Wood.  

Which isnt too difficult of a prediction

Between "can't hit a lick!" And "the leagues best player"

4 hours ago, Second Base said:

I have a Rosy outlook on it perspective, but even I'm not envisioning Jo Adell hitting .290/.360 with 25 HR and 35 SB in only 2/3 of a season. He'd be on pace for 37 HR and 56 SB in a full year! 

More like .270/.330 and 25 HR and 20 SB across 150 games. 

There is absolutely no way to project this. He might even end up struggling for a while. It happens. 

3 hours ago, Rally Gorilla said:

Mike Trout as 19 y.o. rookie:   40 games / .5 WAR

Anthony Rendon as 23 y.o. rookie:  96 games / 0.0 WAR

So, it's no sure thing Adell is going to make a huge impact on the team this season.    

On the other hand 24 y.o. rookie AP played 161 games with a 6.6 WAR, so there's that...

Fixed.