• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Signing Rendon was great...

Glen

12 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If Price gives you that mentor the rest of the young pitching staff desperately needs, and provides #3/4 quality performance, and you can get him for 15 million a year, that's not a terrible situation to be in. 

And Hedges, I've watched him enough to confidently say he's an elite defensive catcher. I believe he's the best. 

If Boston pays down that much of his contract, you can expect to give up a couple decent prospects.

28 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Who is he and is there a link?

Young, front of the rotation starter with years of team control don't seem to be available via trade. Not unless you're trading Jo Adell and more.

That’s the most specific one. He’s been saying another arm is coming via trade since Ryu signed. Before that it was just another SP is coming. 

Here’s from today: 

4 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If Boston pays down that much of his contract, you can expect to give up a couple decent prospects.

I disagree. Boston is losing Mookie after this year, they're over the luxury tax limit, they're stuck with Sale's contract, they've been surpassed by the Yankees and Rays, the Blue Jays are hot on their tail, they've got a very weak farm system.....

That team needs to rebuild. 

If the Angels offer them Luis Rengifo, who has no place left with the Angels and would almost certainly be they're starting 2B long term, then the Red Sox would consider it a win to be out from 45 million of Price's contact.

5 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

That’s the most specific one. He’s been saying another arm is coming via trade since Ryu signed. Before that it was just another SP is coming. 

Here’s from today: 

Oh ok, that's what we are referring to. I think in this case, Gubi is using the term "upside" pretty loosely. Like if you ask Gubi, I think he'd probably tell you that Bundy has upside.

40 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Oh ok, that's what we are referring to. I think in this case, Gubi is using the term "upside" pretty loosely. Like if you ask Gubi, I think he'd probably tell you that Bundy has upside.

He said previously that Teheran was a good signing but not what he was referring to. He indicated the future acquisition would be notably better than Teheran. 

Gubi quite possibly knows barely more than us and is just blowing smoke.

Christmas has come and gone and the Angels didn't get the pitcher(s) on their Santa wish list. Being on the naughty list sucks.

If Gubi proves to be right, I won't make one single complaint about his broadcasting style for a whole season.

1 minute ago, Pancake Bear said:

He said previously that Teheran was a good signing but not what he was referring to. He indicated the future acquisition would be notably better than Teheran. 

Gubi quite possibly knows barely more than us and is just blowing smoke.

Gubi is extremely knowledgeable. Don't let the humble personality fool you. The guy has connections in the game that are far reaching and his pitching insights far exceed your typical on air personality. 

If he says more upside than Teheran then I believe him.

The part that I have a difficult time understanding is why such an acquisition is taking as long as it is then. Young guys that are controllable with upside typically aren't expensive, so I don't it's coming from a team that's trying to do beneath payroll.

I'm going to do some homework to see what I can speculate on.

Ok.... Here are the ones I think you can make a small argument for. Some are more likely than others. 

Padres: Dinelson Lamet, Joey Lucchesi, Cal Quantrill, Eric Lauer

Indians: Mike Clevinger

Rockies: Jon Gray, German Marquez

Tigers: Matthew Boyd

Marlins: Sandy Alcantara

Mets: Steven Matz

Pirates: Joe Musgrove

Cardinals: Carlos Martinez

Of all listed, I think the ones that likely make the most sense are Gray, Marquez, Boyd, Musgrove and Martinez...

33 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Gubi is extremely knowledgeable. Don't let the humble personality fool you. The guy has connections in the game that are far reaching and his pitching insights far exceed your typical on air personality. 

If he says more upside than Teheran then I believe him.

The part that I have a difficult time understanding is why such an acquisition is taking as long as it is then. Young guys that are controllable with upside typically aren't expensive, so I don't it's coming from a team that's trying to do beneath payroll.

I'm going to do some homework to see what I can speculate on.

Okay, I went back and looked it up:

I appear to have conflated his comment on Teheran with the previous comment where he spoke of adding a young player with upside. 

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Ok.... Here are the ones I think you can make a small argument for. Some are more likely than others. 

Padres: Dinelson Lamet, Joey Lucchesi, Cal Quantrill, Eric Lauer

Indians: Mike Clevinger

Rockies: Jon Gray, German Marquez

Tigers: Matthew Boyd

Marlins: Sandy Alcantara

Mets: Steven Matz

Pirates: Joe Musgrove

Cardinals: Carlos Martinez

Of all listed, I think the ones that likely make the most sense are Gray, Marquez, Boyd, Musgrove and Martinez...

no Asians, huh?

interesting...