• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Question about Rendon

beatlesrule

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Has it been confirmed that the Angels offered him the most years and most money?

If not, what teams offered more money?  Did he want to play for the Angels in particular or was there any reason given? If I watch his press conference will all my questions be answered?

They definitely offered the most years I think.

He said he liked the fact that Arte really wanted him and that made him feel wanted here. And that it’s more low key and away from the lights of LA. I’m sure having Trout didn’t hurt either.

I ask because it seems like most of the FA that have signed or that have always signed with teams pretty much always go to the highest bidder and give reasons why. Wheeler wanted to play closer to NY I think. Corbin wanted to play on the east coast. Cole grew up a Yankee fan. Strasburg liked it in DC. So if Rendon signed with the Angels, I would have to think that no other team outbid them. I do know that the Marlins outbid the Angels for both Pujols and Wilson but neither player wanted to go to Miami because they don't allow no trade clauses. So did the Angels just get lucky that no other team wanted a 3rd baseman as bad as them? Stating that Arte really wanted him means that Arte offered the most money correct? I think that's what players normally mean when they say that. I believe Mo Vaughn said the same thing. So the Angels didn't get the 3rd best FA because of geography or Trout or Ohtani but because they offered the most money?

Do we know the runner up teams and what they offered similar to Cole and how the Angels came in 3rd with just under 300 million? The Yankees offered Cole like 26 million more than the Angels. They offered Tex 21 million more. I'm curious how much Arte had to outbid teams to get Rendon to sign.

10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I always found his "Hollywood" comments to be odd. But I'm from NH so I am not familiar with Orange County/LA County. I just can't imagine it's so drastically different.

But, good for us. Fuck the Dodgers.

There are more people in LA, and despite the higher taxes everything in the city is just falling apart and disgusting. The independent cities outside of south LA county aren't like that though. It depends heavily on what neighborhood you live in.

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

OC and LA really are very different.

I fucking hate LA.

I've only ever been to Long Beach (airport) and Santa Monica (pier). Other than that Orange County and San Diego. Never actually been to "Los Angeles" itself.

10 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Wheeler wanted to play closer to NY I think. Corbin wanted to play on the east coast. Cole grew up a Yankee fan. Strasburg liked it in DC.

how many of those players signed with the team that offered the most money?

10 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I ask because it seems like most of the FA that have signed or that have always signed with teams pretty much always go to the highest bidder and give reasons why. Wheeler wanted to play closer to NY I think. Corbin wanted to play on the east coast. Cole grew up a Yankee fan. Strasburg liked it in DC. So if Rendon signed with the Angels, I would have to think that no other team outbid them. I do know that the Marlins outbid the Angels for both Pujols and Wilson but neither player wanted to go to Miami because they don't allow no trade clauses. So did the Angels just get lucky that no other team wanted a 3rd baseman as bad as them? Stating that Arte really wanted him means that Arte offered the most money correct? I think that's what players normally mean when they say that. I believe Mo Vaughn said the same thing. So the Angels didn't get the 3rd best FA because of geography or Trout or Ohtani but because they offered the most money?

Do we know the runner up teams and what they offered similar to Cole and how the Angels came in 3rd with just under 300 million? The Yankees offered Cole like 26 million more than the Angels. They offered Tex 21 million more. I'm curious how much Arte had to outbid teams to get Rendon to sign.

We know, or rather Jon Daniels of the Rangers has gone on record that they were never given the chance to match the Angels offer.  How much of that was to save face and how much of it is true.... Dunno

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I always found his "Hollywood" comments to be odd. But I'm from NH so I am not familiar with Orange County/LA County. I just can't imagine it's so drastically different.

But, good for us. Fuck the Dodgers.

Yeah, same here. It is odd. You can essentially do the same things in both areas and they are maybe an hour apart. Kobe lives in Newport but played in LA. A lot of players live in either area and play in either area. SoCal as a whole seems to be a different animal and pretty similar. I think when he made that comment it reminded me of everyone that has never been to LA but has that perception from a place like Houston, where he is from.

2 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Consider yourself blessed. SD is amazing. LA...not so much. 

My entire family is from the San Diego County area. Mom and sister were born in SD. Brother was born in Mission Viejo. Of course they moved to New Hampshire and I was the celebration baby so I get stuck with snow and hicks my whole life. Oh and Boston sports fans.

Edited by tdawg87

20 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

My entire family is from the San Diego County area. Mom and sister were born in SD. Brother was born in Mission Viejo. Of course they moved to New Hampshire and I was the celebration baby so I get stuck with snow and hicks my whole life. Oh and Boston sports fans.

I remember you mentioned a couple of years ago you were considering moving out west. Is your family still all in the NH area? Is that why you haven't moved?

I've never known anyone who moved west from the East Coast and regretted it. I've known plenty of people (including myself) who moved to the Northeast after growing up in the West and eventually said "F**k this, I'm moving back west." 

1 minute ago, SoPas Angel said:

I remember you mentioned a couple of years ago you were considering moving out west. Is your family still all in the NH area? Is that why you haven't moved?

I've never known anyone who moved west from the East Coast and regretted it. I've known plenty of people (including myself) who moved to the Northeast after growing up in the West and eventually said "F**k this, I'm moving back west." 

My family is all still out here in NH. Though it's more an issue of money than anything. I don't have a career so I can't just go to California and be an IT or engineer or something.

I do have family out there but not much. My aunt lives in Oxnard.

I know there was a big-to-do about Rendon going home to Texas but that was obviously very flawed. I made a post that since Texas has no state income tax, the Angels would have to offer more money to him to cover the taxes he would be paying in California but my research tells me that Texas was offering less than what the Nationals initial offer of 7-210 was.

I was born in Jersey but moved out here when I was 3 and I can't figure out how people can live in those frigid temperatures with snow covering their cars and all the bad weather they have to live with. I know it's mostly cheaper out there but still, I would rather just not own my own house or be rich or whatever and have nice weather. I can drive to snow or extreme heat if I want it. To each their own though.