• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brandon Marsh poised for a big season in 2020

rafibomb

3 hours ago, ukyah said:

don't trade marsh!

he's a moto bat and they talk about his defense like it's gold glove caliber. 

if he and adell pop, then you've got fletcher, adell, trout, rendon, ohtani, marsh as your top 6. each of those are legitimate all star candidates.  fill the last three spots with likely pujols/thaiss, simmons, catcher. that's something i want to see, way more than i care to see boyd, ray, etc.

just friggin sign ryu, keuchel, maldonado or castro and keep the kids. we didn't get the FA starters i wanted. i accept that. i also accept the injury risk in lieu of trading marsh. 

question asks GIF

If he's not traded, this is the way I see it working out.

2020: Trout starts in CF as usual. Upton is in LF to start the year. Goodwin has a piss poor Spring, Ward and Adell have a great spring. Hermosillo and Marsh have a slow Spring. We open the season with Goodwin and Ward splitting time in RF. Goodwin plays well enough to put Ward in the rearview mirror, while both Adell and Marsh tear up AAA to start the year. Around mid-May, Upton goes back on the DL with lingering knee issues, and Adell is promoted to start in RF, Goodwin moves to LF. Hermosillo replaces Ward. Adell is off to a slow start and moves back to AAA in June when Upton comes off the DL. Goodwin's performance continues to underwhelm until the all-star break. Adell is promoted again to play RF, and this time doesn't look back. Upton goes back on the DL in mid July and Marsh is promoted, moved to RF (Adell to LF) and does well immediately. Upton comes back in mid August, but spends a lot of time at DH. By this time, Albert will be moved to almost strict bench duty as he's thoroughly outperformed by Thaiss or some other veteran they sign. Come September, The Adell-Trout-Marsh outfield is a thing of beauty. Jordyn Adams continues to develop in Advanced A Ball. The Angels make the wild card game.

2021: Albert retires after the 2020 season. Upton has off-season knee surgery, and misses the first month of the year as the Adell-Trout-Marsh outfield does it's thing. Marsh does get some reps at 1B in the Spring, for when Upton returns. Once Upton comes back, he spends his time at DH when Ohtani isn't, with Marsh in RF, and Thaiss at 1B. When Ohtani is DHing, Upton spend his time in LF, Adell in RF, and Marsh at 1B. Upton does moderately well, but the defensive value of Marsh in the outfield is too great to ignore, so Upton sees diminished playing time. Jordyn Adams is in AA. The Angels win the division and are ousted in the ALCS.

2022: Upton is traded over the off-season and accepts the trade because he would otherwise be relegated to part time DH duty. It's Adell in LF, Trout in CF, Marsh in RF. Jordyn Adams is in AAA. Angels win the World Series..... Because this is my scenario and I want them to. Trout, Adell and Marsh all make the all-star team.

2023: In a selfless move, Trout volunteers to move to 1B for his age 32 season to make way for Jordyn Adams in CF. Trout still plays the corner outfield regularly, but also gets time at 1B and DH. The bat is still elite and while he does not run as well as he used to, he still moves extremely well for a first baseman. Adams does decently well in his first taste of pro ball but like many rookies, will go through some rough patches. That's when Marsh moves to CF, Trout to RF. Angels win the pennant but fail to repeat as world champions.

2024: Ohtani gets a long term contract extension. Adams figures it out, and now the Angels have Ohtani, Trout, Adams, Adell and Marsh, all in the all star game. The Angels make their third collective World Series and win their second of the decade on the strength of dominant pitching performances from Ohtani, Canning and Jack Kochanowicz. Memories of Trout not playing in October are now distant, like when they used to say Payton Manning wouldn't win a Super Bowl 

11 minutes ago, Second Base said:

2020: Trout starts in CF as usual. Upton is in LF to start the year. Goodwin has a piss poor Spring, Ward and Adell have a great spring. Hermosillo and Marsh have a slow Spring. We open the season with Goodwin and Ward splitting time in RF. Goodwin plays well enough to put Ward in the rearview mirror, while both Adell and Marsh tear up AAA to start the year. Around mid-May, Upton goes back on the DL with lingering knee issues, and Adell is promoted to start in RF, Goodwin moves to LF. Hermosillo replaces Ward. Adell is off to a slow start and moves back to AAA in June when Upton comes off the DL. Goodwin's performance continues to underwhelm until the all-star break. Adell is promoted again to play RF, and this time doesn't look back. Upton goes back on the DL in mid July and Marsh is promoted, moved to RF (Adell to LF) and does well immediately. Upton comes back in mid August, but spends a lot of time at DH. By this time, Albert will be moved to almost strict bench duty as he's thoroughly outperformed by Thaiss or some other veteran they sign. Come September, The Adell-Trout-Marsh outfield is a thing of beauty. Jordyn Adams continues to develop in Advanced A Ball. The Angels make the wild card game.

2021: Albert retires after the 2020 season. Upton has off-season knee surgery, and misses the first month of the year as the Adell-Trout-Marsh outfield does it's thing. Marsh does get some reps at 1B in the Spring, for when Upton returns. Once Upton comes back, he spends his time at DH when Ohtani isn't, with Marsh in RF, and Thaiss at 1B. When Ohtani is DHing, Upton spend his time in LF, Adell in RF, and Marsh at 1B. Upton does moderately well, but the defensive value of Marsh in the outfield is too great to ignore, so Upton sees diminished playing time. Jordyn Adams is in AA. The Angels win the division and are ousted in the ALCS.

2022: Upton is traded over the off-season and accepts the trade because he would otherwise be relegated to part time DH duty. It's Adell in LF, Trout in CF, Marsh in RF. Jordyn Adams is in AAA. Angels win the World Series..... Because this is my scenario and I want them to. Trout, Adell and Marsh all make the all-star team.

2023: In a selfless move, Trout volunteers to move to 1B for his age 32 season to make way for Jordyn Adams in CF. Trout still plays the corner outfield regularly, but also gets time at 1B and DH. The bat is still elite and while he does not run as well as he used to, he still moves extremely well for a first baseman. Adams does decently well in his first taste of pro ball but like many rookies, will go through some rough patches. That's when Marsh moves to CF, Trout to RF. Angels win the pennant but fail to repeat as world champions.

2024: Ohtani gets a long term contract extension. Adams figures it out, and now the Angels have Ohtani, Trout, Adams, Adell and Marsh, all in the all star game. The Angels make their third collective World Series and win their second of the decade on the strength of dominant pitching performances from Ohtani, Canning and Jack Kochanowicz. Memories of Trout not playing in October are now distant, like when they used to say Payton Manning wouldn't win a Super Bowl 

That is some prediction. Sounds like I’m going to be hating Upton.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

marge simpson episode 10 GIF

20 hours ago, Second Base said:
21 hours ago, zenmaster said:

I dream of an outfield of Marsh, Trout, and Adell. 

happy the rock GIF

Serious question...

I don't think it'll come up in 2020 because it's not likely both Adell and Marsh will break through next year. But in 2021, it's going to come up. Say Adell is coming off a rookie season where he was in the RotY conversation. He follows that up with a big spring. Marsh tears up AA-AAA throughout 2020 and has a massive spring in '21 as well. The Angels then break camp with a foursome of outfielders of Trout, Upton, Adell, and Marsh.

Obviously, Upton's the fourth guy in that equation. The only way they would play him more than kids who are better, younger, and faster is if they're hoping he'll do enough to make moving the last year and change of his big-ticket contract viable. That means the starting outfield would be, as indicated, Trout, Marsh, and Adell. Everything I've heard about Adell is that he's a corner outfielder; right field likely. And everything I've heard about Marsh is that he's the best defensive outfielder in the organization right now.

So my question is, does Mike move to Left (or Right) to make room for a superior defensive player?

I love Mike and appreciate that he is the best player not only of his generation, but perhaps the best in a half a century. I also love that he's worked so hard on improving himself all his career. He's never had a great arm but he's worked incredibly hard on his technique so that he's become someone opponents think twice about running on. He's a very good to excellent center-fielder. But everything I've read suggests Marsh is better. So...thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Ariamus said:

So my question is, does Mike move to Left (or Right) to make room for a superior defensive player?

Mike will move only when he is ready to move. His mentor was Torii Hunter who moved over to RF to allow the clearly superior defender in Trout take over and Mike will do the same when it becomes clear that someone can do a better job than he can because Trout wants to win and is not a selfish person from everything I have seen.

So the answer to your question is that some day Trout will move of his own volition, probably to LF (probably no sooner than the 2022 season).