• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Analyzing the remaining starting pitcher options

Pancake Bear

25 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

So save the kids and then spend the kids at the trade deadline.

Yes, when you can get a better deal.  Right now it might cost us three of them, then it might be only 1 or two at most.  
Make the right deal at the right time dont force one now and get fleeced. 

54 minutes ago, floplag said:

Kuechel and ???? Teheran
Save the kids.
Make a trade at the deadline for an upgrade
Profit. 

Edit:  forgot Miley singed with Reds...  man theres just not a lot oeft at this point ...  i guess go for Teheran and the durability/innings.  
Weve waited for too long to make a move at this point, Epp better have a rabbit in his hat. 

Everytime I see “Weve” I think

FD13F68A-5096-418C-ADB0-463740C79EB6.jpeg

18 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Boyd: 
- Another issue is that before last year, his K rate was starkly lower than the 11.56% he posted in 2019 - it ranged from 6.75 in his rookie season (2015) to 8.40 in 2018; it did, however, imrpove each year
- Also concerning is his HR/FB rate went to a career worst 18.2 after 10-12% the previous 3 seasons (in 2015, in 57 ip, it was 17.7)

He gave up significantly fewer fly balls last year though. xFip would tell you the homerun problem is not likely to repeat itself.

Trade for Boyd..sign Alex Wood and Taijuan Walker to 1 yr incentive laden contracts with a clean bill of health. Sign a few veteran relievers to minor league contracts with invite to Spring Training. That would leave them about 15 million under the luxury tax threshold for a catcher or the likes of Nick Castellanos if they want to truly make their batting order elite.

On 12/17/2019 at 8:38 PM, JAHV76 said:

Just curios is Felix Pena not a option as a spot starter next season. Is he injured or out of options? I thought he pitched decently at times.

I think he is out for most of 2020, I believe he had TJ surgery late last year.

I like Rich Hill. 

He's still under 1000 IP though pushing 40.  He's turned out to be a late-bloomer with quite a trend since 2016, 4-1 last year with 2.45 ERA before a non-arm injury held him up.  The Angels probably have the best lineup in baseball assembled now, hands down, enhanced by Adell coming up, especially. 

Sliding Ohtani down without the current pressure by the depth chart shown is key.  Teheran was a good signing to add to their rotation there.  Great arm with career average 6IP for quality starts as a bridge to strong bullpen opportunity.  

Heaney, Teheran, (Hill), Ohtani, Canning, Bundy...the pressure is even more off on Ohtani now if they were to sign Hill.  The Angels have been forced season after season with changing their looks as they've waited for healing as it is, quality starts is all that is needed to start off, with making rounds deeper into 2020.        

2 hours ago, HaloRed said:

I like Rich Hill. 

He's still under 1000 IP though pushing 40.  He's turned out to be a late-bloomer with quite a trend since 2016, 4-1 last year with 2.45 ERA before a non-arm injury held him up.  The Angels probably have the best lineup in baseball assembled now, hands down, enhanced by Adell coming up, especially. 

Sliding Ohtani down without the current pressure by the depth chart shown is key.  Teheran was a good signing to add to their rotation there.  Great arm with career average 6IP for quality starts as a bridge to strong bullpen opportunity.  

Heaney, Teheran, (Hill), Ohtani, Canning, Bundy...the pressure is even more off on Ohtani now if they were to sign Hill.  The Angels have been forced season after season with changing their looks as they've waited for healing as it is, quality starts is all that is needed to start off, with making rounds deeper into 2020.        

He is out until June.