• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole chose Yankees because he wanted to win a World Series

CanadianHalo

6 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

So who would you sign with if you were him?

Irrelevant. But I wouldn’t use the reasoning of wanting to win a WS on a 9 year contract, that’s for sure. Because how a team looks like in one year doesn’t mean that’s how they’ll look like the next year...and never mind 9 years.

His reasoning was short-sighted, simple. He couldn’t have possibly known whether the Yankees would’ve given him the best chance to win a WS over the duration of his contract.

11 minutes ago, Angels_Fan said:

Are the Yankees going to be a better team or have more chances than the Angels to win a WS from 2021-2028?

Please answer that question. 

Just stop dude. This premise is one of the most obscure things I have ever seen here right up there with "Jesus was an ass birth"

Both teams will be good and in contention. The Yankees have a more complete team to compete for championships in the coming years.

Just now, Brandon said:

Just stop dude. This premise is one of the most obscure things I have ever seen here right up there with "Jesus was an ass birth"

Both teams will be good and in contention. The Yankees have a more complete team to compete for championships in the coming years.

All you had to do was say “I don’t know”. Which would’ve validated made my point that his decision was short-sighted. Basing your decision on wanting to win a WS when your contract is for 9 years is stupid. He has no idea how his team will look in 2021 and beyond. Or how the Angels would’ve looked. Or any other team, really.

4 hours ago, m0nkey said:

The Yankees are closer to a title than the Angels.  

The Angels future is bright.  It's so bright that one day they could be in the position the yankees are in now.

Yankees could easily win the WS a couple times in the next 5 years.

The Angels are unlikely to even make the playoffs in the next 5 years.

6 hours ago, m0nkey said:

The Angels future is bright.  It's so bright that one day they could be in the position the yankees are in now.

It shows just how far that the club has come under Billy Eppler for something like this to even be said here. During the Dipoto years, there looked to be no hope. The Angels had arguably the worst farm system in baseball, they were laden with big contracts for underperforming players, and they had no discernible trade chips. Things have changed a lot since Eppler arrived. The one remaining piece is the major league club.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

Unlikely, like less than 50/50?

Without adding two very good starting pitchers, do you really see the Angels winning the division in the next few years?

If not, would they even make the wild card?

Rendon is a great signing and will make the offense fun to watch.  I doesn't do much to make the team winners though.

5 hours ago, nate said:

Yankees could easily win the WS a couple times in the next 5 years.

The Angels are unlikely to even make the playoffs in the next 5 years.

53 minutes ago, nate said:

Without adding two very good starting pitchers, do you really see the Angels winning the division in the next few years?

If not, would they even make the wild card?

Rendon is a great signing and will make the offense fun to watch.  I doesn't do much to make the team winners though.

Per unbiased projections - I.e. Not from Angels fans - the Angels project to have the second best offense at present. Even an okay pitching staff with an elite offense will win a lot of games and without the majority of their games being thrown by minor leaguers who were never supposed to be in the majors last year, they’ll be better than okay per projections.

If you want to be an eternal pessimist, that’s up to you, but don’t pretend that matches the data.

The Yankees are better than us today, and offered more money. And its the yankees.

Not a huge deal.

For me, if anyone is going to get mad about that, I hope its Heaney.

Heaney IMO is a crucial piece. I hope after last year, everything with Skaggs, the previous years, etc, that hes working his ass off to put it all together finally. Not going to be young forever.

Im not finger pointing at all. But hes one of the bigger coin tosses between us being average and being good. If he stays healthy, and takes a small step forward, we suddenly have a lot better team than I think anyone realizes.

If say he does that, and Canning stays healthy.... with Ohtani and say adding keuchel... with this offense.... were in it against anyone, yankees included.