• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kluber + Lindor?

jordan

Since Cleveland is looking to possibly move both Lindor and Kluber, would you be willing to trade for two years from both of these guys?  It would certainly cost Adell, Sandoval, Marsh, Simmons, and Rengifo to start. I wouldn’t do it for the mere fact it would be nearly impossible to resign Lindor in 2 years because of the contracts the Halos already have and Ohtani only getting more costly very soon. But worth a discussion. 

Imagine this lineup:

Lindor SS

Trout CF

Rendon 3B

Ohtani DH

Upton LF

Pujols/La Stella 1B

Fletcher 2B 

Goodwin RF

Maldonado/Castro C

Lindor isn't going to happen, for two main reasons:

1)  He's not only  Cleveland's franchise player, he's one of the dozen or so best position players in the game. Part of the reason they  want to trade Kluber is so they can afford Lindor.

2) The Angels can't afford him - both in prospect currency and long-term contracts. They now have $70M a year committed to two players for the next seven years, and will add another $30M+ AAV contract in four years once Ohtani hits free agency. Adding in Lindor and they'd be playing four players almost $150M. I just don't see it.

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Lindor isn't going to happen, for two main reasons:

1)  He's not only  Cleveland's franchise player, he's one of the dozen or so best position players in the game. Part of the reason they  want to trade Kluber is so they can afford Lindor.

2) The Angels can't afford him - both in prospect currency and long-term contracts. They now have $70M a year committed to two players for the next seven years, and will add another $30M+ AAV contract in four years once Ohtani hits free agency. Adding in Lindor and they'd be playing four players almost $150M. I just don't see it.

I don’t see it either. But if Arte wanted an all in 2 year run, Lindor and Kluber, would be the ones to get. Still more pitching would be needed. But man, Lindor added to this lineup would be downright scary for opposing pitchers. 

I feel quite strongly that Eppler checked in on Lindor as he is a viable alternative to Simmons. However I think there are other teams that could put a strong package together that could outdo us if Adell is not in our offer.

3 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

it Only would make sense if you can get a big haul for Simmons to replace some of the prospects you would be giving up

i don’t really see Cleveland wanting Andrelton

They still need a SS and he is a good one. They are still very competitive as a team and will fight for their Division.

27 minutes ago, RBM said:

You're referencing Gavin Lux?  I said this on another thread. I just don't think the dodgers will trade 6-7 years of Lux for 2 of Lindor. He's that good.

I am not referencing any team in particular but the Dodgers have good trade assets such as Lux or Ruiz for instance. They can make it rain just like the Yankees can and even teams like the Phillies and others have packages they could bring to the table. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but teams that want to go over the top will see Lindor as a real asset.

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Wasn't Simmons betterish than Lindor in 2017-2018? And regardless of the better offense, there's no way Lindor is more entertaining. 

I'm just not a fan of trading GOATs. The Angels have 3 right now, and I'd like it to stay that way.

Lindor is extremely entertaining to watch

Rendon was a great signing but a slight stretch to the Angels needs.  A high end pitcher would have made more sense but if you've got the money and have an opportunity to get that type of player, it's tough to pass up.   But to ultimately meet the team's needs it's significantly more complicated to do so.  

With Lindor, you take that level of complication and multiply it by a factor of 5 or more to have it make sense for the halos.  

6 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Rendon was a great signing but a slight stretch to the Angels needs.  A high end pitcher would have made more sense but if you've got the money and have an opportunity to get that type of player, it's tough to pass up.   But to ultimately meet the team's needs it's significantly more complicated to do so.  

With Lindor, you take that level of complication and multiply it by a factor of 5 or more to have it make sense for the halos.  

It’s looking more likely that Moreno said to hell with the luxury tax. Otherwise, it’s difficult to see how they could get even one more legitimate pitcher and a catcher in, let alone two, which is what is being rumored. 

If that’s the case, Rendon is Arte being all in. He recognizes we need more than just a couple of solid pitching additions to contend. 

51 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I remember talking to Lindor in a minor league game in Louisville when he was a prospect. I was right behind the net and he was on deck and I said “I hear you’re a pretty good prospect”. He just gave me a little smirk and a shrug because he knew he had a big cack.

he was probably wondering why you thought he understood English

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

I remember talking to Lindor in a minor league game in Louisville when he was a prospect. I was right behind the net and he was on deck and I said “I hear you’re a pretty good prospect”. He just gave me a little smirk and a shrug because he knew he had a big cack.

Who talks like that