• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

After Cole, what?

wopphil

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok but at some point Arte will be the one that flinches because the Yankees ultimately have more resources.  

This is what i was referring to the other day though, he doesnt have to flinch, its a simple matter of putting the right deal in front of him and saying this is a high as we go, time to decide. 
If he wants to be in Socal, if he wants to stay in the AL, if hes getting the richest SP contract... we dont have to get pulled into a pissing contest.  It doesnt disrespect him or Boras to simply chose to not play that game how he wants to. 
We will NEVER outbid the Yankees, or even the Dodgers... thats not what its about, we need to hope its about more than money for him. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

If you think striking out on key free agents whether it’s the teams fault or the free agent preference doesn’t change team direction then you’re delusional.  

Of course it does,  thats not what i said at all, but by all means jump on that all knowing high horse and take a ride. 

Just now, floplag said:

a response, not the usual condescension... but i guess that as usual one and the same. 

Ok when you posted apologists changing the plan to 2022, you weren’t being condescending and you expected to be treated with more respect than what we responded to?  Seems legit.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok when you posted apologists changing the plan to 2022, you weren’t being condescending and you expected to be treated with more respect than what we responded to?  Seems legit.

about as legit as suggesting the plan was always 22... why would we spend that kind of money now if that were true... and before you say you plan ahead why didnt we do that last year?  its just double talk to make yourself sounds right all the time, nothing more

1 minute ago, floplag said:

about as legit as suggesting the plan was always 22... why would we spend that kind of money now if that were true... and before you say you plan ahead why didnt we do that last year?  its just double talk to make yourself sounds right all the time, nothing more

Well the plan isn’t 2022, you are pretending that’s going to be the narrative going forward.  The goal was to improve this year in free agency and with using prospect capital. 

1 hour ago, floplag said:

This is what i was referring to the other day though, he doesnt have to flinch, its a simple matter of putting the right deal in front of him and saying this is a high as we go, time to decide. 
If he wants to be in Socal, if he wants to stay in the AL, if hes getting the richest SP contract... we dont have to get pulled into a pissing contest.  It doesnt disrespect him or Boras to simply chose to not play that game how he wants to. 
We will NEVER outbid the Yankees, or even the Dodgers... thats not what its about, we need to hope its about more than money for him. 

??? Seriously?

If we secure Cole, then:

1.  Sign Ryu (3/50?)

2.  Sign Castro (2/10?)

Lineup vs RHP:  LaStella 3B, Trout CF, Ohtani DH, Upton LF, Goodwin RF, Thaiss 1B, Simmons SS, Castro C, Fletcher 2B

Lineup vs LHP:  Fletcher 2B, Trout CF, Ohtani DH, Upton LF, Pujols 1B, Simmons SS, Hermosillo RF, Stassi C, Cozart 3B

Once Adell reaches the majors, by May/June, that lineup vs LHP should improve.

Rotation:  Cole, Ryu, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, with Barria, Suarez, and Sandoval as solid, optionable depth.  Ohtani will be worked back in but will be on an innings restriction.  I expect only ~80-100 innings out of him for the year.

7 hours ago, Warfarin said:

If we secure Cole, then:

1.  Sign Ryu (3/50?)

2.  Sign Castro (2/10?)

Lineup vs RHP:  LaStella 3B, Trout CF, Ohtani DH, Upton LF, Goodwin RF, Thaiss 1B, Simmons SS, Castro C, Fletcher 2B

Lineup vs LHP:  Fletcher 2B, Trout CF, Ohtani DH, Upton LF, Pujols 1B, Simmons SS, Hermosillo RF, Stassi C, Cozart 3B

Once Adell reaches the majors, by May/June, that lineup vs LHP should improve.

Rotation:  Cole, Ryu, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, with Barria, Suarez, and Sandoval as solid, optionable depth.  Ohtani will be worked back in but will be on an innings restriction.  I expect only ~80-100 innings out of him for the year.

i say he pitches more than 125 innings this year.