• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Iran

Lhalo

• 2 months later...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/british-military-agency-warns-potential-165957253.html

British military agency warns of 'potential hijack' in the Gulf of Oman as multiple oil tankers report they have lost control

Reuters, citing maritime security sources, reported that Iranian-backed forces are believed to have seized a tanker

1 hour ago, AngelsLongBall said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/british-military-agency-warns-potential-165957253.html

British military agency warns of 'potential hijack' in the Gulf of Oman as multiple oil tankers report they have lost control

Reuters, citing maritime security sources, reported that Iranian-backed forces are believed to have seized a tanker

Crazy stuff. Looked up one of the ships they named in the article, https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:383623/mmsi:374947000/imo:7382988/vessel:ASPHALT_PRINCESS Looks like it's just stopped in the water, and hasn't really moved a ton in the last 24 hours anyway (like 10 miles total). Wonder what's going on. Most of the others have had weird directional shit going on too lately, like completely turning around or dramatically changing direction. Could be that I just don't know the ins and outs of tanker routing, but it looks weird to me.

22 minutes ago, Don said:

Crazy stuff. Looked up one of the ships they named in the article, https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:383623/mmsi:374947000/imo:7382988/vessel:ASPHALT_PRINCESS Looks like it's just stopped in the water, and hasn't really moved a ton in the last 24 hours anyway (like 10 miles total). Wonder what's going on. Most of the others have had weird directional shit going on too lately, like completely turning around or dramatically changing direction. Could be that I just don't know the ins and outs of tanker routing, but it looks weird to me.

Ya that looks odd. But like you, I don’t know anything about driving a tanker either. 

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

US retaliates with airstrikes in Syria after Iranian drone strike kills US contractor

U.S. intelligence assessed the UAV and determined it to be of Iranian origin before carrying out airstrikes in response

The U.S. military carried out several precision airstrikes in Syria on Thursday, reportedly killing eight Iranians, in retaliation for a drone strike Iranian forces conducted earlier in the day on a coalition base that killed one American.

The Defense Department said Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps crashed a UAV into a building near Hasakah in northeast Syria at approximately 1:38 p.m. local time, leaving one U.S. contractor dead. The attack also wounded five U.S. service members and another U.S. contractor.

According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, an opposition war monitor, two of the American strikes killed at least eight Iranian fighters.

A U.S. airstrike at an arms depot in Harabesh, in the eastern city of Deir el-Zour left six Iranian-backed fighters dead. A second U.S. bombing at a post near the town of Mayadeen killed another two fighters, according to the Observatory, whose reporting relies on local Syrian contacts.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-retaliates-airstrikes-syria-iranian-drone-strike-kills-us-contractor

• 2 months later...

It's going to be great when Iran looks to Russia for help and they are tapped out of military hardware and ammunition. The Taliban attacks, takes out the Khomeini regime, hangs everyone in public squares and then we drop an Operation Enduring Democracy on them creating another 20 years war to free Iran from the Taliban only for them to go right back to Muslim Cleric control. 

• 7 months later...

It was the IRGC and they’re acknowledging it.  Supposedly this is the response to the bombing in Iran.  Whom the Iranians blame Mossad and American intelligence for.  They claim the target was somehow associated. Some are saying Israeli and American intelligence operate out of the site.  Which is plausible in Erbil.  I’m not make any claim, just saying what I’ve read. The owner of the Falcon group, an Iranian dissident with close ties to Israel reportedly was killed.  

anyway, the pressure cooker ratchets up.  

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Better slaughter some more Palestinian women and children as payback.

Remember when you got all worked up about the Chinese slaughtering the Uighurs?

Ya, neither do I. You only get outraged about what you’re told to be outraged about. 

The Uyghur thing is not well understood.  Surely significant suppression.  But mass slaughtering? There really isn’t a lot of evidence for that.  Also, a lot of the talking points were Falun Gong bullshit who anyone who actually wants to know things should throw in the trash immediately. Anyway.  Bad things happening to the Uyghurs is bad and worth opposing.  I’m just saying, what’s actually going on there is really not known. 

31 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Remember when you got all worked up about the Chinese slaughtering the Uighurs?

Ya, neither do I. You only get outraged about what you’re told to be outraged about. 

Wut? Was that discussed here?

China can go suck a dick. A bunch of evil corrupt fuckers.