• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Iran

Lhalo

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

But what about the Senate?

GOP senator rails against Iran briefing: "There was no specific information given to us of a specific attack"

Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that Congress was only presented with “generalities” in their briefing from national security officials today about the motive behind the killing of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani.

“There was no specific information given to us of a specific attack. I didn’t learn anything in the hearing that I hadn’t seen in a newspaper already. None of it was overwhelming that X was going to happen," he said.

Paul insisted that he still likes President Trump but said that no one person should determine whether the country goes to war.

“It’s a tug of war and Congress should assert themselves and say, ‘The war-making power was given to us,'” he said.

In response to comments from Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham who questioned Paul and Sen. Mike Lee’s patriotism for backing the Iran War Powers resolution, Paul called it a “gutter type of response.”

“He hasn’t even read history of the Constitution. The Constitution specifically says that the war-making power resides with Congress. He believes in this unitary theory of the executive that presidents can do whatever they want, the only way you can stop them is by defunding a war. That’s not what the Founding Fathers said, it’s not what the Constitution says and he insults the Constitution, the Founding Fathers and what we do stand for in this republic by making light of that and accusing people of lacking patriotism. I think that’s a low, gutter-type response," Paul said.

36 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

GOP senator rails against Iran briefing: "There was no specific information given to us of a specific attack"

Sen. Rand Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, told CNN's Wolf Blitzer that Congress was only presented with “generalities” in their briefing from national security officials today about the motive behind the killing of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani.

“There was no specific information given to us of a specific attack. I didn’t learn anything in the hearing that I hadn’t seen in a newspaper already. None of it was overwhelming that X was going to happen," he said.

Paul insisted that he still likes President Trump but said that no one person should determine whether the country goes to war.

“It’s a tug of war and Congress should assert themselves and say, ‘The war-making power was given to us,'” he said.

In response to comments from Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham who questioned Paul and Sen. Mike Lee’s patriotism for backing the Iran War Powers resolution, Paul called it a “gutter type of response.”

“He hasn’t even read history of the Constitution. The Constitution specifically says that the war-making power resides with Congress. He believes in this unitary theory of the executive that presidents can do whatever they want, the only way you can stop them is by defunding a war. That’s not what the Founding Fathers said, it’s not what the Constitution says and he insults the Constitution, the Founding Fathers and what we do stand for in this republic by making light of that and accusing people of lacking patriotism. I think that’s a low, gutter-type response," Paul said.

Rand will be at Mar-A -Lago next week with hookers and blow and Trump will be back to walking on water. 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

I asked him.  He forgot Gouverneur Morris

Whoa. I was just listening to a podcast on the way home from work that talked about him. He’s 1 of only 6 people to sign both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Probably the last time I’ll hear his name mentioned by two different people in one day.