• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Favorite Toy as a kid

4 hours ago, arch stanton said:

I was always more into bikes and skateboards and sports equipment. I guess the toys I got the most use out of were hot wheels sets and the evel knevel that you cranked up and jumped stuff with 

This was my upbringing also.  Whiffle ball and bats, footballs, skateboards, and my Mongoose bike.

But as a young kid, I loved Tonka trucks.  I think I had every Tonka truck made, and not the cheap ass plastic ones.  I'm aging myself, but we had the metal ones.  

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

This was my upbringing also.  Whiffle ball and bats, footballs, skateboards, and my Mongoose bike.

But as a young kid, I loved Tonka trucks.  I think I had every Tonka truck made, and not the cheap ass plastic ones.  I'm aging myself, but we had the metal ones.  

Tonka's for me too, had this set plus a bunch of others. I had a whole construction site on the side of our house.

VIntage tonka toys construction trucks.jpg

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I had a ton of gi joes and star wars guys. Some of the vehicles were cool as hell, but you always broke them or lost all the pieces after a few weeks.

My parents spent a fortune on those things as kids, and all we did is blow them up with firecrackers, or light them on fire.  

Oh shit I forgot Barnyard Commandos. They were a series of Barnyard characters with various forms of artillery attached to their back (pigs, goats, cows). I remember one year I found a couple hidden for my birthday, which was coming in a week and my mom was so pissed she said "F*ck it" and just gave me the rest of them while my dad ate his cereal in the dining room.

Holy shit I was a bad kid. No drugs. Just chaos.

Cap guns. Couldn't get enough rolls of caps. Saved up lunch money and rode our peddle bikes over the hill on Euclid to the Lucky's shopping center and bought as many rolls as we could at the Drug store. Ok, we spent the .08 cents for a Hershey bar but every other penny was for caps. I had a cap pistol and cap lever action rifle and spent our days in the "gully", a section of land that was owned by Hughes Aircraft but was abandoned rolling hills with trees to make tree forts. 

playing baseball, collecting baseball cards, playing hockey, playing football, GI Joes, and hot wheels.

when we got older, my brother and I tired of our toy cars, so we played Daytona 500 in the backyard. we had a little dirt area that served as the race track and we found a container of kerosene in the garage. grabbed some matches and a little newspaper, and had a blast in the backyard with toy cars that are now probably worth a fair amount of money. I can still smell the melting plastic from the cars.

10 hours ago, Tank said:

playing baseball, collecting baseball cards, playing hockey, playing football, GI Joes, and hot wheels.

Wow, had forgotten all about baseball cards. I had a huge collection from the mid 1960s. My mother later threw them out, saying that they would never be worth anything. Had I kept them, I could have sold them and paid cash for my house. The Nolan Ryan rookie cards that sold for about $10K each at one time? Had five of them. Pete Rose rookie card, I could go on and on.