• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When is the Aybar in the leadoff spot experiment over?

Chuck

Seriously, hitting .250, just 3 walks and only one stolen base. 

I'm trying to wrap my mind around how Scioscia pencils him in that spot on a daily basis. 

Bourjos, come back soon! But until then, I'd like to see JB Shuck in that spot with Aybar in the 9-hole. 

To make matters worse for Aybar, his defense has been pretty terrible this season as well. 

Seriously, hitting .250, just 3 walks and only one stolen base. 

I'm trying to wrap my mind around how Scioscia pencils him in that spot on a daily basis. 

Bourjos, come back soon! But until then, I'd like to see JB Shuck in that spot with Aybar in the 9-hole. 

To make matters worse for Aybar, his defense has been pretty terrible this season as well. 

He's likely waiting/hoping on Aybar to do his Aybar thing...   Remember this time last year?  Aybar was hitting .219/.247/.281 - .528 OPS, a year ago today..  Aybar busted out in June, dipped a bit in July but then went apeshit the last two months.   

I do agree they have nothing to lose by trying Shuck for a week.

It's not like Bourjos is an ideal leadoff hitter either. They are both bottom of the order hitters.

You must have had your head in the sand the first month of the season because this is not true at all.

Bourjos was doing a great job at leadoff. 

The rest of the team, unfortunately at the time, was not. 

You must have had your head in the sand the first month of the season because this is not true at all.

Bourjos was doing a great job at leadoff. 

The rest of the team, unfortunately at the time, was not. 

Bourjos was doing a good job, but Shane is correct - historically Bourjos has been a low OBP, high K rate, bad base stealer guy.  

Bourjos was doing a good job, but Shane is correct - historically Bourjos has been a low OBP, high K rate, bad base stealer guy.  

Speaking historically of this year, Aybar has been a terrible leadoff hitter and Bourjos has been an ideal one.  Last year Bourjos had 19 SB and 3 CS.  Is that bad base-stealing?

Bourjos was doing a good job, but Shane is correct -   

No, he's not. Bourjos was finally getting consistent playing time this season, a majority of his ABs were in the 1 slot and he was doing a great job. And I imagine with how the teams performing right now he'd be on a roll, hitting even better.

historically Bourjos has been a low OBP, high K rate, bad base stealer guy.  

That's fine, but has nothing to do with how he has performed this year because historically Bourjos never had an opportunity to play every day. This year he was, and look how his performance has improved. It just gets old having the same people jump on the *shit on Bourjos* bandwagon no matter how he performs. And I think its pretty obvious that Bourjos has earned batting in the 1 slot more than Aybar has earned it trying to bat there his entire career. 

That's some bullshit right there. That was a perfectly fine post, he just couldn't answer to it.

Also, brilliant mod edit telling me I'm not making friends around here and then says to try not to personal attack. I'm here to talk baseball.

Bourjos is not a leadoff hitter.  He was doing well and has a good obp because of his unusually high batting average.  His walk rate this year is 4.2%.  He was seeing 3.5 p/pa which would put him in the bottom 10% of the league if qualified.  His BABIP is .387. 

I'd like to see them give Calhoun a shot.  Better hitter, more power, better defender than Shuck.  Maybe a shade less discipline.