• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fan Grief?

Again there is no one size fits all, there is no manual on acceptable grieving behavior.
Some people will say its just a game and you didnt know the person personally, others will understand the fandom and what it means... most will be somewhere in the middle.  
I havent had anyone offer me condolences personally, but if they did i would just say thank you but ask them to say a prayer for his family. 

I've heard the "you didn't know him personally so you can't be sad" thing. I used to run our own channel called Angels Nation Talk where we interviewed a few players and mainly media people like Jose Mota and Victor Rojas. I think because  I felt closer to the media in a way I take it hard because I feel hurt for them. Plus we're all part of the Angels family and we all take it personally since it's the team we love. Our saying used to be "where fans are the 10th player on the field" so to lose someone will always be tough.  

People have offered me condolences and I actually feel kind of awkward about it. I always say “thanks it’s been difficult but nothing compared to what the team or his family are going through.”

I am kind of in the middle, between all of you guys and the people who he really knew (teammates, friends, family). 

I appreciate the thought, but I don’t expect it and don’t think it’s necessary. 

No I haven’t, my wife was confused why I was letting somebody I had never met affect my day so much. I had to explain to her that I have followed Skaggs since he was drafted and you follow this team so closely day to day you really get close to these guys and get to know them. I didn’t know him personally, but it felt like I did. 

47 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

I've heard the "you didn't know him personally so you can't be sad" thing. I used to run our own channel called Angels Nation Talk where we interviewed a few players and mainly media people like Jose Mota and Victor Rojas. I think because  I felt closer to the media in a way I take it hard because I feel hurt for them. Plus we're all part of the Angels family and we all take it personally since it's the team we love. Our saying used to be "where fans are the 10th player on the field" so to lose someone will always be tough.  

Anyone that says you did not know him therefore you cant be sad is a jack ass. We should all be sad anyone dies. That's being a good human.