• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gerrit Cole seems to be a must signing.

2 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

This same thing happened when you told me what I would do in a certain situation in another thread and post. I am not all about the money. Most baseball players are though. I think what the poster was getting at is that MOST people if offered all the Burger King offered them would leave In n out for Burger King. It turns out, you are not most people but the majority of people generally leave for more money and better benefits. If I had a contract like Albert Pujols and I was stinking up the joint, I would have retired last year. Most people are like Pujols though and will continue to play and get paid despite being a huge rip off. The poster is assuming that Cole is all about the most money like MOST people out there.

My guess is most everyone in leadership at INO would turn that down. 

6 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Ryu, but being realistic we probable couldn't afford him and Cole, so Wheeler it is.

What about Cole's teammate, who is also a FA?   He's 5th in AL ERA.   Solid pitcher, but the lesser number of Ks might keep the contract numbers down some.   Cole and Miley, and call it an off-season.

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

What about Cole's teammate, who is also a FA?   He's 5th in AL ERA.   Solid pitcher, but the lesser number of Ks might keep the contract numbers down some.   Cole and Miley, and call it an off-season.

Sure, assuming Houston hasn't locked him before that. They can't afford Cole and Greinke, but Miley might fit in their budget...

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Also Albert didn’t take the biggest contract offered him. 

But the Marlins wouldn't give him a no trade clause like Arte did and he was not a Boras client.

It's difficult for me to believe that you know everyone at INO's thinking and they would ALL turn down more money and better benefits from a competitor. I have no idea what Cole will or won't do but generally, Boras clients go after the most money. Most here are simply putting all of those things together and that's why they think the Angels need to offer the most money.

30 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

This same thing happened when you told me what I would do in a certain situation in another thread and post. I am not all about the money. Most baseball players are though. I think what the poster was getting at is that MOST people if offered all the Burger King offered them would leave In n out for Burger King. It turns out, you are not most people but the majority of people generally leave for more money and better benefits. If I had a contract like Albert Pujols and I was stinking up the joint, I would have retired last year. Most people are like Pujols though and will continue to play and get paid despite being a huge rip off. The poster is assuming that Cole is all about the most money like MOST people out there.

You make choices in life.

31A83760-801F-4608-B923-1DA0C85FB81F.jpeg

FA73DFF3-9739-4A7C-AE2B-699E13A91E26.jpeg

16 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

But the Marlins wouldn't give him a no trade clause like Arte did and he was not a Boras client.

It's difficult for me to believe that you know everyone at INO's thinking and they would ALL turn down more money and better benefits from a competitor. I have no idea what Cole will or won't do but generally, Boras clients go after the most money. Most here are simply putting all of those things together and that's why they think the Angels need to offer the most money.

When I say leadership I mean my level on up and yes I pretty much do.  

17 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

Gerritt Cole will be massively too expensive for the Angels. But even if that hurdle could be overcome, the big question remains: Why would Gerritt Cole sign with a team that essentially has no starting ROTATION outside of himself if he signed? I just break into mindless chuckles when I think of what the Angels' sales pitch to Cole would be.

After the commitment they made to Trout, I doubt Arte wants to known as the guy that refused to do what ever it takes to get Mike back to the post season. They lead him to believe they were on the right path to the post season when they convinced him to sign that massive extension. Pujols will be gone in a couple of years, Adell will free up $9M by letting Kole walk. Harvey, Cahill, Boar, Allen and Lucroy will free up another $34M. Cozart may need to retire after his injuries and surgeries, not sure if Insurance covers any of his salary. We have the money to match any teams offer. Cole was an Angel fan growing up and loves to play in front of his family and friends. 

4 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

I would love to see that happen but he’s going to go the the highest bidder. He’s  talented enough to get a huge deal on the open market. The Angels will obviously consider him a priority but it may get near the $200M range. 

Isn't that what you said about Trout? He didn't even wait to see any bids...

3 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Wouldn't Cole rather stay with/go to a winning team?

I’ll be blunt. He would play for Marlins if they offered him over the top ridiculous money. He’s going to sign the final contract of his life so he’s going to get what he can get. If someone offers him something stupid like 6/210, I could see Arte saying no thank you.