• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Positive note on Ausmus

I know some people are hating and loving Ausmus, but i think we can all agree on one thing that's good. I really like the fact that's he's been true to his word before the season started when he said playing time will be performance based. For example, Cozart and Pujols. Both have big contracts and I always felt like Scioscia loved to play them because of it. Ausmus on the other hand doesn't start Pujols as much as Scioscia did much and Cozart rarely played at all. He's had a short leash with them and I really like that. 

On 5/20/2019 at 7:18 AM, True Grich said:

I haven't cared much for Ausmus thus far, but he has been pretty true to his word about playing the players who perform the best. 

On 5/23/2019 at 10:33 PM, True Grich said:

I will give him credit for being fairly true to his word about making the lineup decisions based on performance.

Have any of the Ausmus haters called him ASSmus yet? As far as Pujols goes, I think he sits him more knowing that his body is no longer in good professional baseball shape. More rest for Pujols may keep him off the IL. I'm not certain it is because of performance

Pujols is actually on pace for 141 games/567 PA's, and so I wouldn't say that he's sitting as much as he's playing due to his mid .700s OPS (best since 2016).

His OPS has been falling though this month (.154/.267/.308/.575 since May 19 in 30 PAs), and thus eventually Ausmus has to realize that a 39 year-old can only play so many games.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

If this is our standard, then Fletcher is playing everyday.  Since he has been in 53 games.  

Of the 47 games Pujols has been in only 3 were as a PH. He had a least 3AB, but mostly 4 or 5 AB in 44 games. I'm not sure what your point was with the Fletcher remark. Facts are facts.

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Of the 47 games Pujols has been in only 3 were as a PH. He had a least 3AB, but mostly 4 or 5 AB in 44 games. I'm not sure what your point was with the Fletcher remark. Facts are facts.

My point is sometimes people pretend Fletcher isn’t being treated as an everyday player.  

He has been quicker to pull the trigger on things than Scioscia. 

Goodwin started playing every day and moved in the lineup, and then when he stopped hitting lefties he stopped playing every day. 

Allen got knocked out of the closer role quickly. 

Fletcher and La Stella have both seen their playing time change. Cozart was benched mostly even when he wasn’t hurt. 

Pujols has not played every day since Ohtani came back. 

They took Stratton out of the rotation and released him. 

They released Bourjos. 

All of this happened in the first quarter season. I know fans get upset if players aren’t benched after 2 bad games, but Ausmus is still moving faster than Scioscia did, in my opinion 

47 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

He has been quicker to pull the trigger on things than Scioscia. 

Goodwin started playing every day and moved in the lineup, and then when he stopped hitting lefties he stopped playing every day. 

Allen got knocked out of the closer role quickly. 

Fletcher and La Stella have both seen their playing time change. Cozart was benched mostly even when he wasn’t hurt. 

Pujols has not played every day since Ohtani came back. 

They took Stratton out of the rotation and released him. 

They released Bourjos. 

All of this happened in the first quarter season. I know fans get upset if players aren’t benched after 2 bad games, but Ausmus is still moving faster than Scioscia did, in my opinion 

how to they differ to deal with pre/post game and on a day to day?

I think the days of managers making that much difference are over.   The math tells them what to do as much as anything else and a computer can spit that out. 
AS long as they follow the script, they arent really that responsible for much any more.
Im probably over stating it, but i dont think were that far off. 

6 minutes ago, floplag said:

I think the days of managers making that much difference are over.   The math tells them what to do as much as anything else and a computer can spit that out. 
AS long as they follow the script, they arent really that responsible for much any more.
Im probably over stating it, but i dont think were that far off. 

As has been said here the managers most important role is in managing the clubhouse.