• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justin Bour optioned to AAA

mmc

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Maybe this was part of the plan, so he wanted to give Bour an opportunity to succeed or fail, but either way he was on his way to Salt Lake after the game since Walsh was held out of today's Bees game.

Yeah but if he hits a homer, he gets a congrats but you still suck so off to AAA with you? Hahaha, that would be even funnier actually.

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ausmus isn't the guy Dipoto thought he hired. 

My wife just said, after watching his post game answers, that he has blamed the players and is going to lose the clubhouse. 

I didn't hear him blame the players (I may have missed). Scisocia would blame the players a lot and I always thought that was his worst attribute. In this case Ausmus didn't seem to find fault anywhere tonight, just a lot of tough breaks.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's kind of a dick. I watched a few of his interviews with the Tigers and one a few weeks ago with the Angels. 

Just today a buddy of mine asked me what I thought of Ausmus... He told me a story that Nick Castellanos was asked what the biggest difference between Ausmus and Gardenhire was.... Not sure of the exact way he explained it, but he said that while Castellanos went out of his way to say he wasn't saying one was better than the other...  But where Ausmus would go up to a guy and say, hey you can't keep going the way you have, we need to see you pick it up..  Gardenhire was more prone to put his arm around a guy and say, hey it's a hard game, and we still have faith in you but we may need to get into a more favorable match up....   I thought it was an interesting comment.   If we are being honest, that's exactly what a lot of guys here said they wanted to see, and complained MS didn't do.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Just today a buddy of mine asked me what I thought of Ausmus... He told me a story that Nick Castellanos was asked what the biggest difference between Ausmus and Gardenhire was.... Not sure of the exact way he explained it, but he said that while Castellanos went out of his way to say he wasn't saying one was better than the other...  But where Ausmus would go up to a guy and say, hey you can't keep going the way you have, we need to see you pick it up..  Gardenhire was more prone to put his arm around a guy and say, hey it's a hard game, and we still have faith in you but we may need to get into a more favorable match up....   I thought it was an interesting comment.   If we are being honest, that's exactly what a lot of guys here said they wanted to see, and complained MS didn't do.

I can totally see that. 

I've actually been in the clubhouse before and witnessed Sosh doing this same exact thing as Gardy did back in 2009 when I was covering the Angels for AW, for Kazmir's first start against the Mariners at Safeco Field in which he pitched well, but lost to King Felix. I think we lost 3-0.  

Anyhow, I was in the clubhouse interviewing Kazmir after his start, (Figgins later), when Sosh had his arm around GMJ and encouraging him. I didn't hear the entire conversation, but I thought it was really cool to see that.

Besides Jose Guillen who was a dick and Mike Napoli (Naps would show up on gameday hungover), all of the players loved playing for Sosh and considered him a players manager. 

28 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Let's be honest. if he loses Trout, he loses his job. I don't see Trout as the kind of player who would play politics, but I absolutely see Eppler as the kind of guy who would remove Ausmus in a heartbeat if he felt that Trout didn't have faith in him.

48 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Ausmus isn't the guy Dipoto thought he hired. 

My wife just said, after watching his post game answers, that he has blamed the players and is going to lose the clubhouse. 

Did he blame the players in Detroit?  I havent heard anything since he had been an Angel.

38 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I didn't hear him blame the players (I may have missed). Scisocia would blame the players a lot and I always thought that was his worst attribute. In this case Ausmus didn't seem to find fault anywhere tonight, just a lot of tough breaks.

When did Scioscia blame the players?

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

First time ever I believe the Angels GM made a move to keep his manager from using a guy...  You guys always make cracks about it, but I believe it actually happened..

Playing for the HR... As a saber inclined manager?????   That's Jerry Dipoto level "that's not how it works" thinking....

it would have been better odds if Bour had bunted the runner over.  This feels like when you were trying to bust the lid off of the Dipoto can of bullshit.  Only now I think there are a lot of people holding their nose this time.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

First time ever I believe the Angels GM made a move to keep his manager from using a guy...  You guys always make cracks about it, but I believe it actually happened..

Playing for the HR... As a saber inclined manager?????   That's Jerry Dipoto level "that's not how it works" thinking....

Jerry Dipoto traded Jeff Mathis to save Scioscia from himself.