• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Blue Jays @ Angels 5/2/2019

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

The other ten players in MLB history with the name Fletcher had mediocre careers. Analytics says this one will too.

I hate these damned advertisement algorithms. I write "Analytics" and this ad keeps popping up on my pages.

I know...spend the 25 bucks.

Analytics.jpg

36 minutes ago, Revad said:

This game day thread has definite chances for greatness.  But Dick can’t be a fat chick because he’s really got balls.  Or he’s drunk already.

Not yet!  Have to drive. Think of me in the 3rd inning

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

I think our best lineup right now is with Fletcher at 3B and Rengifo at 2B. La Stella can get two or three starts each week as a  spot starter. 

I don't see upside to Cozart when he returns but they’ll plug him in because of his salary. Wish they had the balls to go a different direction.  

La Stella has a better offensive skill set than Fletcher so far this year.

2 minutes ago, RBM said:

Key words, so far. Fletcher is a better all around player. IMO. La Stella is a propped up puppet show. IMO. Time will show that. IMO. 

A propped up puppet show?  Cool.  Last year they had about the same OPS.  This year La Stella is 150 point higher.  Play him until he isn’t.  

Rengifo is getting a taste of the show but will go back when Cozart returns of course.  But he could be back later in the year. Cozart will need to produce to protect whatever playing time he gets.  Competition is good.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

A propped up puppet show?  Cool.  Last year they had about the same OPS.  This year La Stella is 150 point higher.  Play him until he isn’t.  

Yep. Goodwin and LaStella were clowns as far as I was concerned before the year started. But they are hitting and with our putrid offense, you ride that shit until they snap back out of it.

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

Yep. Goodwin and LaStella were clowns as far as I was concerned before the year started. But they are hitting and with our putrid offense, you ride that shit until they snap back out of it.

I don’t even think our offense sucks anymore.  It was pretty shitty before Simmons started to hit, and before Goodwin and La Stella started to hit and when Cozart was in the line up.  Now I think our offense is middle of the pack and will get better.

2 minutes ago, Revad said:

Rengifo is getting a taste of the show but will go back when Cozart returns of course.  But he could be back later in the year. Cozart will need to produce to protect whatever playing time he gets.  Competition is good.

Considering how easily Cozart has gotten hurt throughout his career, it's likely he'll be needing another DL trip at some point. I'm not really worried about him tbh

Just now, Stradling said:

I don’t even think our offense sucks anymore.  It was pretty shitty before Simmons started to hit, and before Goodwin and La Stella started to hit and when Cozart was in the line up.  Now I think our offense is middle of the pack and will get better.

Yeah, there's definite room for improvement with that bunch. Ohtani is on the cusp of returning, Upton will be back eventually, and either Bour starts to hit more or he gets replaced by somebody like Thaiss later in the year

5 minutes ago, RBM said:

I get it. I’m happy he has done what he’s done at the plate so far. Defensively he is a liability but the main thing for me is La Stella has averaged only 24 starts per season over the past four seasons during his prime years. We know what we have in him - a spot starter/bat off the bench. I see a lot more upside with Fletcher and Rengifo. 

Ok, I have no idea what we have in him and neither do you.  He very well could be a useful starter that has found his power stroke.  I don’t expect him to be a .900 OPS guy this year, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if Fletcher is sub .700.