• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Tim Mead to be named President of the National Baseball Hall of Fame

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Raise your hand if you've ever been to a summer or spring fanfest and witnessed Tim Mead give a State of the Angels address for 30 minutes, followed by a 30 minute Q&A with our group? Some of the best times as a website that I've encountered over the past 15 years. I'm definitely going to miss this.

Sniff Sniff

Tim Mead is a class act. He’s been a guest speaker at the booster club on numerous occasions. Tough shoes to fill for sure.  

D065A912-F488-4BFA-9509-878FFDE2BD08.jpeg

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Just tweeted this. 

Now we have to have a summer fanfest tailgater and get Tim Mead to come out one last time to speak to our group. @Geoff, @Dave Saltzer, @Adam, @Blarg, @Stradling

Sweet bouncing Buddha, I was fat!  That was 35 lbs. ago.

Why didn't one of you f**kers tell me?!?!  LOL

So happy for Tim ... so bummed for us.

2 minutes ago, Geoff said:

Sweet bouncing Buddha, I was fat!  That was 35 lbs. ago.

Why didn't one of you f**kers tell me?!?!  LOL

So happy for Tim ... so bummed for us.

Ha!! I feel the same way about the pictures during our 2012 Fanfest when we had Arte Moreno. 

lol at Sweet Bouncing Buddha.

Just now, Dtwncbad said:

Perfect set up to make my point.  Your post suggests you are interested in keeping him out of the Hall to punish him personally.

Of the people that do not want Rose in the HOF, some think he isn't worthy because of his actions and others think he was worthy but want to keep him out to punish him for what he did.

To me anyway, it isnt hard to identify the the agenda to personally punish him as a contamination.

OK, this is a thread about Tim Mead and I would like to keep it that way. 

Create another thread about your discussion. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

Perfect set up to make my point.  Your post suggests you are interested in keeping him out of the Hall to punish him personally.

Of the people that do not want Rose in the HOF, some think he isn't worthy because of his actions and others think he was worthy but want to keep him out to punish him for what he did.

To me anyway, it isnt hard to identify the the agenda to personally punish him as a contamination.

you should probably start a separate thread to talk about that.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Raise your hand if you've ever been to a summer or spring fanfest and witnessed Tim Mead give a State of the Angels address for 30 minutes, followed by a 30 minute Q&A with our group? Some of the best times as a website that I've encountered over the past 15 years. I'm definitely going to miss this.

Sniff Sniff

This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Going to miss Tim at those type of functions, but what a great gig for him! Well deserved. 

Couldn't happen to a more deserving man!

I had the great fortune to have been in the front row for two of the Spring Training events where Tim took time on his Sunday morning to talk with us. 

His sharing of the journey he took to the Angels  is such an inspiration.  And now he has a new chapter to write in the journey.

The Hall will be fortunate to have him as President.

Summer Fan-Fest here I come!

happy the office GIF

let me add my belated congrats to a good guy Tim Mead who has been a rock for the Halos franchise over the years and always a class act.

He has been very good to AngelwWin.com from the early years on --

My first reaction when I heard the news was - RATS , he's leaving us !!

But upon reflection, he's been with the Halos for some 40 years plus - longer than anyone else I'm willing to venture -- he's now 61 years old --this is a new challenge and a career topper - a dream job to protect and maintain a hallowed institution.  I am very happy for Tim Mead, he's been a HOF guy to us and he deserves this HOF opportunity.

And, you can be sure, they'll be getting the MIKE TROUT plaque and HOF location all set the right way for a guy who --if he does not get hurt- will find his name among the very top players of the game - Ruth, Mays, Aaron, Griffey Jr., Clemente, TROUT.

Congrats Tim Mead. 

thanks for posting the impromptu press conference remarks there,

appreciated seeing/ hearing that - I had missed it.

loved the comment at the end about Don & Charlies closing in Scottsdale after Spring Training this year,

Our group made one last trek to Scottsdale specifically to have one last round of dinner and drinks at  Don & Charlie's -- Spring Training in Arizona just won't be the same,.